Can't connect to FXCM with login info given

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to FXCM with login info given

I'm unable to access the FXCM live data.

When I start start NT8 (64-bit) I get this warning that NT is having a problem connecting to the license server. Yes, I've checked that my firewall and anit-virus are not blocking NT.

After this warning, the "Get Connected" window appears where I can select the connection type and enter my username and password. I select "NinjaTrader FXCM (live), also tried (demo), and when I click "Connect. I get the warning that I need to upgrade to a Lease or Lifetime license to unlock FXCM. (see attached image 1).

So I skip all of that, and NT opens to the main window. If I go into Connections>Configure to the Connections window, NinjaTrader FXCM is not an available connection (see image 2) as the connections guide from the download page on the ninjatrader.com website says it should be.

I've tried a fresh install, I've tried to a new download and login info, and as support suggested I tried restarting my computer and network. None of these have resolved the issue. Would appreciate any insight or help in this matter. I have been working with support on this issue, but thought I'd reach out to other users as well.

Also when first starting NT8 after a fresh install, I get the error saying that my NinjaTrader Scripts need to be recompiled...I don't have any special scripts I'm trying to use with this so I'm not sure what it's referring to, but thought I'd mention that as well.
    Attached Files

Hello swadejaxsun,

Thank you for your post. Feel free to write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com along with a link to this forum post and "ATTN: Eric" in the message body. I will be able to help advise as well and, if needed, escalate on our end if we are unable to find a resolution.

Please also follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ageeholdings  
    Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
    0 responses