Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawing object does not show in drawing objects list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing object does not show in drawing objects list.

Hello,

If you place a drawing object, in this case, a labeled line in an indicator panel with margin set to left, then double click that line to try and change it's properties, you cannot. It is not listed in the drawing objects list. Screen shot attached. Checking the drawing objects list manually does not show it either, yet, refresh the chart etc., there it is... if you change the scale of the panel to the right hand side, it will list. Seems only drawing objects of the right scale are being listed.

Version 8.0.19.1 64-bit

Attached Files

NinjaTrader doesn't come with a 'labeled line' by default. Is the drawing object your referring to a custom one?

Can you reproduce this symptom with a built in drawing tool, like 'Line'?

Please elaborate on the exact steps I would need to take to reproduce this symptom.

Comment

It is the labelled line addon developed by ninjatrader staff and on the eco thingy site, but yes, it does the same thing with a standard line, too. Tried with horizontal lines as well. easy to test, so I would suggest trying your side to see if can be replicated. I did it just now - new chart, volma indicator in new panel on left scale, draw line, double click line - not there..

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

In my initial test, I did not understand that the indicator must be scaled left, not the drawing object. I am able to reproduce this symptom. I've reported this to the Development Team and will follow up when I have more information.

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

After analysis, this behavior is expected. This is mentioned in the 'tips' section at the bottom of this page:We're tracking interest in adjusting this behavior via feature request SFT-3846. I've added your vote.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes