NT8 on 4K resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 on 4K resolution

I'm going to purchase a new 4K monitor. Does the latest version (NT8 8.0.19.1) support higher resolutions than 1080p?

Thanks

NinjaTrader wasn’t designed for 4K resolution and as a result isn’t fully tested on 4K resolution. With that said, many client’s use 4K resolution with no or little issues. Keep in mind that 4K resolution has higher performance requirements, results in smaller windows/text, and some current limitations are known in regards to window padding, margins, etc

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      NinjaTrader wasn’t designed for 4K resolution and as a result isn’t fully tested on 4K resolution. With that said, many client’s use 4K resolution with no or little issues. Keep in mind that 4K resolution has higher performance requirements, results in smaller windows/text, and some current limitations are known in regards to window padding, margins, etc
      Hi Patrick, what year do you suspect NT will be ready for all the lagging technology (lol) that is readily available? Say web, 4k tvs (since like 2013), android, MAC IOS. Just curious seems like yall are wayyy behind the 8 ball. Especially after my interaction with the brokerage support of NT.
      TIA
      "and as a result isn’t fully tested on 4K resolution"(how lame) do yall need me to send you a TV so you can Fully test it out on that?LOL sorry couldn't resist
      Last edited by wishing; 10-28-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

wishing , Again, as far as we know, NinjaTrader works on 4K monitors unless specific circumstances occur. As always, we're working on eliminating these corner cases where scaling and other symptoms may occur. I have no ETA to provide for you.

Comment

#aog076 #wishing
          FWIW if it is helpful to you to know, I have been using NT8 on 6x 43" 4k monitors (TV screens) & 1x QHD (same pixel density) for quite some time now.
          I have a lot of cpu/ram/GPU grunt to drive it all, and observe the Performance Tips.
          For my setup, I don't have problems with text size, scaling, that sort of thing.
          Anecdotal evidence of 1, but for me it works
          KR

Comment

my NT8 works fine also on my Philips 49" 4K monitor extended from my laptop

Comment

Same here:
              Two LG 27" 4K Monitors in combination with six full HD 1080. It works pretty well, although the tab text in chart on the 4Ks is a bit small.
              No further issues. It requires use of 8.0.19 - after update to 8.0.19 the cross-hair lagging issue seems to be solved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
              6 responses
              1 like
              Last Post jgualdronc  
              Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Touch-Ups