Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there an automatic Sync All Strategies continuous polling routine option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an automatic Sync All Strategies continuous polling routine option?

Hi

Is there a way to automatically synchronize Strategies in an account along the execution of a Strategy? Like a polling routine every 10 seconds or so?

I am aware of the informations provided at the links below in regards to the sync up of the strategy and account upon the kick-off of the strategy. However I am noticing that the strategy I built at DEMO account is creating a duplicate trade in the same direction, when some conditions overlap, even though the setting at Strategy Menu that sets the number of simultaneous trades in each direction is set to =1 .

I realized the problem is " syncing" after I detected the condition of a duplicate incorrect trade in a live (demo) position, and from Command Center, entered Sync All Strategies, and the duplicate trade was immediately dropped. I was counting that I can create a strategy that overlaps trade commands in the same direction, because NT8 would block the execution in case a trade in that direction already exists...(?) .... Is it not the way it an be useds? That indeed appears to happening but sometimes it fails, hence the idea of an automatic programmable Sync All Accounts polling routine.

Thanks much
    G

Hello bouncetherubble,

In general there is no suggested way to sync two strategies like this, strategies are mainly intended to work alone and will not be aware of what other strategies are doing while running. You can manually sync strategies using the option you mentioned but there is no automated way to do that.

In most cases it is not suggested to use more than one strategy for a single instrument/account and it should instead be combined into a single script so it is aware of all values it needs. Depending on what needs synced between them you could look into using the PositionsAccount object to control logic.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
    8 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Option Whisperer  
    Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
    0 responses
    1 view