Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello marcus2300,

Thank you for your reply.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
    • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
    • Feasibility
    • Developer bandwidth
    • Current projects in the queue
    • Economics
    You'll find a note regarding the feature request in the release notes if/when a feature is implemented.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand that, but as support in general works very good (which is not so with many other software companies), people have certain expectations. My experience is that if you have problems, support helps you fast and good. But requests are threated completely the opposite for me.

It would be interesting to see how many of the requests are ever really executed. Each kind of request has an ID, so it is easy to count the number of requests and the number of executed requests.
      I have the impression that the percentage of executed requests will be very low. If that percentage would be mentioned in each answer, people would have a far better idea if there is any hope or not for them.
      My experience on the forum is that there are quit a lot of people who get frustrated as their request stays unsolved for years.
      Each update I watch the list of improvements, but they are for me almost never interesting.

Can we do a poll with the question:" Do you feel that requests for improvements are very seldom executed?"
      Maybe that will show objectively if the frustration is big or not.

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

Thank you for your reply.

To put things a bit into perspective, we have received over 5500 different feature requests with varying degrees of complexity, and many that directly contradict each other. Sometimes we receive more than 10 in a single day. There is simply no way every feature request can be implemented and user interest is only a single facet of what goes in to a request actually making it into the platform.

Our development team does consider every request, however, each request takes time to implement if it is approved by the product management team. These things aren't magic, they do take time, and our support team has no control over whether any particular request is implemented into the platform, we can simply report the request and add votes for user interest.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes I second Mr Santiago's request for a Professional DOM. Most traders at prop firms use the Dom that he shows in the post or similar. I have put in a request for the improve DOM a month or two back and got a Support Tick number, but can't find the email. Hopefully they can get on this as I know at least two other people that have made requests. The Ninja users that are full time traders and have purchased the program should get a Professional set up.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Kate: I have posted in this thread before and I am still waiting for SuperDom improvements. You said above that you get lots of requests for changes to the SuperDom. Seriously maybe NinjaTrader needs to take these more seriously. I paid for a Lifetime license to Ninja and I love the platform, but the SuperDOM is not super.. in fact, it is basically useless in a fast moving market because it re-centers and bounces around so fast it is not even readable. You should take a look at the DOMs on Tradingview and Tradovate because these are very popular trading platforms and the DOMs are easy to use because the price ladder is not bouncing all over the place... they act more like Ninjatrader's Static SuperDOM... and they come standard. I have looked everywhere and the only place I can find an improvement to this is with a 3rd party SuperDOM that has a per transaction fee ... which is just ridiculous to pay extra on every transaction for DOM behavior that other platforms consider basic and standard. I just cant figure out why Ninjatrader doesn't fix the SuperDOM when they are selling the platform for $1099. I think that Ninjatrader is an awesome platform that has a couple of screaming terrible issues that Ninjatrader ignores their customers and wont fix. This thread has been up since 2019 and what progress has been made???

Comment

Hello xiinteractive,

I am understanding these are highly desired features, and we do appreciate your feedback on this matter.

Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing. There are often other reasons beyond feasibility. Unfortunately, we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment, but as a request gains traction we can get our development team's eyes on the requests.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-3962.

Comment

I would like to add my vote for this request from 2019. In fact, replace the clunky Chart Trader with a whole new system. It takes too many clicks to use efficiently.

I have used Jigsaw for years (and still use it for analysis) and last year added 1ClickChartDOM from TickTec.com because Chart Trader is pretty useless to trade from quickly.
                  Jigsaw does not actively improve the NT bridge version and mostly develops the stand alone version and most users recommend Sierra Charts and not NT because of the Jigsaw-like features that are available inside of SC.

Ninjatrader would do well to develop add-on modules that cater to different demographics of traders instead of one giant all encompassing program.
                  Start with a Chart Trader module add-on that looks more like Jigsaw that works with the charts.

Thanks,
                  Robotman

Comment

Hello xiinteractive and Robotman,

Thanks for your posts.

xiinteractive:

Your vote was already requested in post # 65 and the vote was already added. Only one vote per person is allowed for feature requests.

Robotman:

I have added a vote to this feature request for you.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​
                    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I paid a thousand bucks for a platform who's trade ladder acts like a Jack Russel Terrier.. I don't even know what to say about that, that's pretty broken to me. My vote is not for a feature request. its for a basic repair. You gotta do something about that. (2 cents)

Comment

Hello,

I would like to add my vote for superDOM too. Thx

Comment

Hello 3fan_nt8,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

Comment

Hello

I would like to add my vote for superDOM, too. please

Comment

Hello stillo1578.

Thanks for your note.

I have added your vote to this feature request. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-3962.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Please add my vote also. This would be a great addition.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post FrazMann  
                                Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                                8 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                                10 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
                                Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                                Working...