Prevent case of data supposedly missing when cache not cleared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prevent case of data supposedly missing when cache not cleared

Hi. I had a problem on the 1-second time frame (only) where data for certain sessions was missing from the chart, on different dates for different instruments, seemingly random dates. For example the chart skipped from 15th of the month to 17th even though there was data for the 16th. The problem was gone after I cleared the cache. Thing is, I don't know what I did to have caused it in the first place, and I wouldn't normally notice the "missing" data without taking a closer look, and, if it happens, it can have undesired effect on performance. How to make sure it doesn't happen again, just to remember to clear the cache every day? Is there a 'do not use cache' setting? I couldn't find one.

Thanks.

Hello digibob,

Thank you for posting to the forums.

Happy to assist with this. I suspect that clearing the cache every day is only fixing the symptom of this and not the cause. I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post Anfedport  
    Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
    0 responses