Vertical Line to cover full height of Chart window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical Line to cover full height of Chart window

I have a chart with additional indicator, which creates a new panel, when I'm putting a vertical line on the chart, I can't make it go into the 2nd panel as well, I have to put a 2nd vertical line up there, so the line will cover all panels.

Is it possible? If not, could you add this feature as another option in vertical line properties?

Add a second data series to each lower panel....can be shown as a transparent line on close......check show global draw objects...

Comment

Have you tried the "Vertical Line All Panels Drawing Tool" by Ninjatrader_Jim in the user apps? https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/ That works across indicators as well as multiple data series.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred View Post
        Add a second data series to each lower panel....can be shown as a transparent line on close......check show global draw objects...
        Thank you, it works, but I don't like this bypass with duplicating data series.

Comment

Originally posted by plutotrader View Post
          Have you tried the "Vertical Line All Panels Drawing Tool" by Ninjatrader_Jim in the user apps? https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/ That works across indicators as well as multiple data series.
          I gave it a try, and it draws the line in the 2nd panel just slightly. Probably it needs code update.

Comment

Originally posted by Botan626 View Post

Thank you, it works, but I don't like this bypass with duplicating data series.
            Hi....I just tried Jim's Vert Line & it works great for me...see screen shot....
            much better than the Ninja vert line method I have been using...

Comment

Note....Moving Jim's vert line sometimes resulted in an extra line....

edit 9/28/2019...extra vert line seems to have been my error in attempting to highlight the vert line in a lower panel.
              Last edited by Alfred; 09-28-2019, 10:23 AM. Reason: extra line info

Comment

Hi....I just tried Jim's Vert Line & it works great for me...see screen shot....
                much better than the Ninja vert line method I have been using...
                Well, it doesn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Botan626 View Post

I gave it a try, and it draws the line in the 2nd panel just slightly. Probably it needs code update.
                  I have never had that happen to me and have used as many as 10 panels and it always goes from top to bottom so I would say try this again with a new chart. Glad it works for you Alfred.

Comment

Tried on another chart today and it is working great even when highlighting to move back & forth...

Comment

Originally posted by plutotrader View Post

I have never had that happen to me and have used as many as 10 panels and it always goes from top to bottom so I would say try this again with a new chart. Glad it works for you Alfred.
                      It can't even reahc 2nd panel. This is a new empty chart.

Comment

I would like to hear NT staff thoughts on this subject, why not making this option as a standard feature for vertical lines?

As for indicator made by Jim, it just draws a line with a limited length for me.

Comment

Jim's vertical line works OK for me....

Comment

Jim's vertical line works OK for me....
                            Alfred, just re-installed NT8 the way it was suggested here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...13#post1073213

No changes.

Comment

Hi Botan626, thanks for your note.

Reinstalling the binary will not touch the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder, which is likely where the problem is. To test you can create a new NinjaTrader 8 folder in the Documents, this will rule out any third-party addons that might be causing issues.

To create a clean installation follow the instructions below:
                              1. Close out of NinjaTrader.
                              2. Go to (My) Documents > rename the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder to 'NinjaTrader 8.old'.
                              3. Then re-install from the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted

When you reinstall it will recreate the user folder you had just renamed with only stock files. Import and test the addon after this. If it works, then there is something in your old NT folder that is causing a problem and it will need to be singled out. To revert back to your old user folder with all of your settings, rename the current "NinjaTrader 8" to "NinjaTrader 8.Prev", then rename "NinjaTrader 8.old" back to "NinjaTrader 8", then restart NinjaTrader.
                              Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view