Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different charts with different UTCs

Hello Everybody,

in my Windows 10 desktop configured as UTC-00 I see a 30 minute chart of the DAX like that of the picture utc00.jpg
    If I configure my desktop as UTC+01 the chart is different around the end of the session and beginning of the new session (please look at chart utc01.jpg)

I'm using Ninja 8.0.19.0 64-bit

Why this behavior? Am I missing something? I think that Ninja8 charts should be independent from the UTC of the PC

Thanks

Attached Files

When you change time zone, you may need to reload historical data. If you right-click on your chart and select 'reload all historical data', does this symptom persist?

Comment

Hi,
      with my PC configured as UTC00 I load and run Nnja 8 and I have the chart utc00.jpg; then I close Ninja 8, I change to UTC+1 my PC and then I load and run again
      Ninja 8 and I have the chart utc01.jpg
      (PS: I'm using historical data and I'm not connected to anyone: the reload all historical data is disabled in my chart)

TX

Comment

Please find attached the 1 minute data iIm using...the red circle in the attached charts is around 17/march 18/march 2015 but the issue is everywhere
        Attached Files

Comment

This is expected. When data is imported into NinjaTrader it is timestamped with your PC's time zone. Adjusting the timezone in Windows or NinjaTrader without either downloading the data again from a data provider, or exporting it with the new timestamp, will cause issues with historical data.

Since you do not have a data provider connected from you can reload the data, you can export their data then re-import it when changing time zones. Here is a link to importing/exporting data in NinjaTrader 8:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lightsun47  
          Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post 00nevest