Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Hours- Any timer to alert prior to the market closing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Hours- Any timer to alert prior to the market closing?

Hello,
    I have my chart set to 24/7 hours default, but I wanted to ask if NT8 has any kind of alert that will notify me 15 minutes before the CME market is due to close at 4:15pm (EST) ?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. The right click > Alerts... function is able to set time-based alerts to accomplish this. See the below section of our help guide for steps on creating time-based alerts.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Also take a look at HotAlarmClock. Will handle the alert you describe, and anything else.

Comment

Hello,
        I still cant seem to figure out how to place an alarm at the platform level (on on each chart), where I can be alerted just prior to the close of the trading day.
        My idea wold be to have an alert go of every day at 4:30 EST that alerts me to the market closing in 15 minutes.
        Can you assist with this request?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Where you able to attempt to set the alert per our last post, post #2?
          With this, exact times can be set for alerts to trigger. Please right click on the chart > select Alerts... Next, under Conditions select Add > To the right, select Time > Time Value will be available at the lower right.

See the below section of our help guide for steps on creating time-based alerts. This will include screen shots of setting the alert.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...TimeBasedAlert

Let us know if we may assist further.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry... I realize this is an old thread but I'm trying to do the same thing and am having issues.

1) I appear to have my alert set up exactly as it shows in the instructions, but when I hit "apply" I get the message "You must have at least one alert condition set". I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

2) Can you set the alert for ANY chart or does it have to be for each individual chart and chart time period? (i.e. does a separate alert need to be created for each 20m 5m and 1m chart and for each of the products I trade?)

Comment

Hello LibertyPro,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

This error occurs if ANY alert you currently have in the list does not have at least 1 condition. Most commonly, this occurs if a second alert was created but no conditions added.

By deleting this alert, the error should then disappear.

The alert would only have to be created once / on one chart, it will then trigger at this time and play an alert or pop-up a message, depending on the Actions selected.

Of course, please don't hesitate to let us know, if you encounter any issues or have further questions!
              Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

got it. thanks!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	41
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1291747

Am I doing something wrong? Never get an alert. Trying to get an alert each day at whichever time I choose​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Option Whisperer  
                  Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes