Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some settings questions regarding Market Profile

Hi,

I just got the NT8 lifetime license and I have read and seen tons of posts and video's but I still have some settings issues and questions:

1. Where and how can I find / insert the HVN and LVN ? (use in market depth?)
    2. I also like to use the TPO Market Profile and the letter C (close) keeps moving around in de RTH and it does not plot the O when cash market opens. I use CME ETH futures settings.
    3. How many "ticks per level" should I set, what is the default here? 1 is very small, 5 or 7 is larger but the levels are also changing so what is most precise?
    4. Initial Balance is set 0 minutes but it should be 60 for the first RTH hour?

I have Profile type in Price and Resolution set in minutes, these settings are ok I believe.

Sorry for these newbie questions but I need to get this going!

Thanx, Marco

First, you can learn more about the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator here. This may answer many of your questions about settings for this indicator (I've quoted from the help guide in some of my answers below):

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...me_profile.htm
    1. Please define HVN/LVN
    2. I would expect the C and O to print on the close and open of the underlying bar or session (depending on 'Profile period' setting). If you change the resolution to 'Tick', does this 'clean up' the price profile?
    3. There is no 'correct' setting here - it is completely at your discretion. This property sets the level of aggregation for individual price levels, i.e. if price levels should be merged together. The default is 1. With 1, each price level is seen and accounted for individually in the profiles
    4. The initial balance is an optional feature which will enable plots to show you what the current range, POC, and Value area a set number of minutes into the session. A typical use case is so that you can compare what the POC and VA was early on in the profile and make a comparison to where it ended up. The initial balance range needs to have the property 'Initial balance time (in minutes)' set to a non-zero value. Once 'Initial balance time' is defined the there are 3 lines which will be enabled and can be configured, you can enable only the lines you wish to see to display the 'Initial Range', 'Initial POC', and 'Initial Value Area'.

Comment

Hi Patrick thnx for your reply!

1. Hvn is High volume node and Lvn is Low volume node. These are usually used in the Volume Profile
      2. Yes, if I change the resolution to "tick" it cleans the Price Profile. C and O are printed but not at RTH times. Please see the white arrows in screenshot green C and grey O.

Regards, Marco
      Last edited by Trader070; 08-30-2019, 02:12 AM.

Comment

High volume node and low volume node are not available. You may find that the 'heat' display mode of a volume profile helps you more easily identify these points. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3297. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Are your price profile time colors all default? If I'm understanding your screenshot correctly, it is reporting the open as sometime between 11PM and 1AM, and the close as 1PM-3PM? Please provide screenshots which shows all of your chart's data series settings as well as screenshots which show all of your Order Flow Volume Profile indicator settings.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-06-2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

YES. Please add HVN and LVN markers/levels to the Volume Profile. All the best 3rd party softwares include it like Rancho, Gomi, Fin-alg.. but I prefer to use Ninja's as it has everything I need except for this feature. A 'heat' view is ok but I think the ability to have horizontal lines marking these nodes is a bit more helpful. Could you include that option please? Here are examples from other providers.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Greenweaver View Post
            YES. Please add HVN and LVN markers/levels to the Volume Profile. All the best 3rd party softwares include it like Rancho, Gomi, Fin-alg.. but I prefer to use Ninja's as it has everything I need except for this feature. A 'heat' view is ok but I think the ability to have horizontal lines marking these nodes is a bit more helpful. Could you include that option please? Here are examples from other providers.
            Yes, Please ADD this Feature!

Comment

ADD my vote too. It's very sad that this feature is STILL NOT in NinjaTrader 8.0.24.2. All the others platforms have included it. IMO NinjaTrader is a great platform however some advanced tools are not as advanced as it could be (Volumetric in PNF - not include but voted for many months ago , LHV HVN not too....).

Please add all this.

Comment

Hi,
                Is there a way to have separate colors for O and C prints on the market profile chart? It isn't easy to locate these points without zooming in and makes a continuous analysis difficult.
                If not can this be added as a feature request.

Thanks,
                Kunal

Comment

Hello Kunal,

Thanks for your post.

I'll be happy to count this towards an existing Feature Request, SFT - 4521. Feature requests are considered as possible additions or changes to future releases of the platform, but please note we cannot guarantee if these features may be implemented.
                  Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bidder
                  by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                  4 responses