Manually change machine ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually change machine ID

Hi all does anyone know how to manually change your computers Machine ID?
    @ninjatrader is it possible that someone(vendor) offering 3rd party indicators for your platform once installed can do bad things having now your Machine-ID?
    Once a machine-ID is given to 3rd party what type access do they have to my platform?
    e.g. user sensitive data...e/g account numbers etc...for me this is a priority response required
    Thanks in advance

Hello wishing,

You will need to change some physical hardware in the computer, or possibly do a BIOS update, or change the version of windows.

The Machine ID is generated using information about your hardware and BIOS. This Machine ID is meant to remain constant unless there has been a change with the system.

Items that can cause the Machine ID to change:
    • Changes to hardware (network cards, MAC address, RAM, motherboard, monitors, graphic card, etc)
    • Changes / updates to BIOS
    • Changes to the Windows Product ID
    • Updates / upgrades / changes to the Windows operating system
    For security purposes, changes to the MachineID will result in vendor licensed scripts not validating in both NinjaTrader 7 and 8.

The MachineID changing in NinjaTrader 8 will also result in any passwords for account connections being removed along with the NinjaTrader License key being removed. All account connections will need to have the username and password re-entered.

This also means that the new MachineID will need to be sent to each 3rd party vendor that has licensed your machine for an addon using the NinjaTrader Vendor Licensing system.

The MachineID gives no access to your computer. The MachineID is your computers unique ID put into the licensing servers to validate your computer should your computer request validation.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea appreciate it I asked becuase I just had a run n with a 3rd party vendor who ripped me off and wanted to be assured they could not do anything malicious to my computer or trading platform.
      e.g. especially account information

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
      6 responses
      1 like
      Last Post jgualdronc  
      Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes