Issue with IB warning messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with IB warning messages

Hi, I'm trading the new futures contract (MES) and I am getting the following message when I add to my position (long or short):

"Warning: Your order was repriced so as not to cross a related resting order".

I don't get this message when trading the regular futures contracts (ES/CL). Only when trading the new micro futures contract.

I contacted IB support and they said they don't see the message in their system so its only happening locally.

I tried to disable this message in IB gateway settings but i an not able to uncheck it.

Is there anyway to disable these types of warning messages in ninjatrader?

CRITICAL - If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

What version of Gateway are you using?

This message is coming directly from your broker. Please contact Interactive Brokers orders desk and ask:
    • What this message means
    • How this message can occur
    • What can be done to avoid this message
    Please let me know what Interactive Brokers Support reports.

There are settings to disable some messages from appearing in NinjaTrader, but typically order rejection messages can not be suppressed. Does the order still place successfully? Or is this message part of a rejection of your order?

Comment

I am using Ninjatrader 8.0.18.1 with IB gateway 973 (downloaded from ninjatraders website)

The orders are placed successfully. I am just getting the annoying warning message every time I add to my position for MES futures contract only.

Comment

IB support had told me to try it in TWS and I said i don't use TWS.... before i got disconnected

Comment

We'll definitely want to get the information I need from Interactive Brokers so we can document this message's cause and resolution on our end. Please let me know what answers you receive from them for our questions.

Is 'Enable beta functionality' turned on in your Interactive Brokers connection in NinjaTrader? To check, go to Connections > Configure > Select your IB connection from the 'Configured' list > Is 'Enable beta functionality' turned on?

Also, does the message persist if you enable 'Run time pop up handling' in your connection within NinjaTrader?

Comment

They had told me I would get this message if I had a limit order in the opposite direction. But i told them I was making market orders (with automatic stop/profit targets). I will try to contact them again about this.

I don't see the "enable beta functionality" option.

What does the "run time pop up handling" option do?

Comment

"run time pop up handling" enables NinjaTrader to suppress TWS pop up windows

Comment

Setting the "run time pop up handling" had no effect with the warning message.

Attaching a screenshot for reference.
                Attached Files

Comment

It is not possible to suppress order-related messages.

Did you get any additional information from Interactive Brokers about the message you received? The critical questions are:
                  • What does the message mean exactly?
                  • How can this message occur?
                  • What can be done to avoid the message?

Comment

Spoke with an IB cs rep again today and this is what they said:

"in essence this message indicates that the last order submitted could have tried to buy back from you, which is not allowed, and it is done to avoid trading with yourself. This can sometimes occur if you submit an order to right after another for the same security"

He also confirmed that this message can't be disabled in IB gateway setting because of liability reasons.

He recommend I turn on logging in the api and report back.

Comment

I have the same issue.
                      If I have existing bracket orders, and enter a market order (eg: MIT) IB sends this message even if the other order is a few points away.

Comment

Hi aviat72, thanks for posting. First, make sure you are running the supported versions of either TWS or Gateway. The downloads can be found here:

Please provide exact details on the order you are placing and the ATM template being applied to the order. Please also note any existing resting orders on the account and instrument you are trading.

Kind regards,
                        -ChrisL
                        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                        Started by The_Sec, 04-16-2024, 02:29 PM