Live account disappeared from dropdown window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live account disappeared from dropdown window

I have two live accounts through IB. The one I usually use has just disappeared from the dropdown window in chart trader. The really basic culprits (global sim mode etc) does not apply I've had this software for years. If I go to Tools - options - automated trading interface, it still lists the account that I want to use.

The list you're referring to in Tools > Automated Trading Interface simply lists all the accounts which have ever been connected to the platform. It is not a list of the accounts that are actively connected.

From the symptoms you've described, it sounds like the account you're looking for is no longer connected to NinjaTrader.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

What accounts do you see as 'Connected' on the Accounts tab of the Control Center? Accounts which are currently connected will have the name of your connection in the 'Connection' column and also a green circle in the far left column. Accounts which are not connected will have no name in the Connection column and no green light. Here is an example:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Have you recently made any changes to your Interactive Brokers account? For example, added a linked account or changed the account type?

Comment

thanks for the reply,
      Yes it would seem the problem is I have just created a linked account and for whatever reason NT8 does not support this. Which I would very much like to happen in the future.
      I'm guessing this means you can only have one of the connections connected at any given time and you can switch between them at will? Hopefully.
      At this time, NT8 is connecting to my newer linked account and I want it to go back to connecting to my original account, how do I do this?

Comment

You're correct that Interactive Brokers linked accounts are not supported in NinjaTrader 8. We dropped linked account support in NinjaTrader 8 in favor of Financial Adviser account support (sometimes called 'Adviser' or 'Family' accounts).

You'll need to reach out to Interactive Brokers to reverse the changes you've made to your account.

Other users have reported a potential work-around would be to create an 'Authorized User' which would give you another username and password for your other account. You can contact Interactive Brokers directly for more information on how to accomplish this.

Here is a forum thread where more details are mentioned about this work-around:
        I'll also add your vote to the feature request to support Interactive Brokers linked accounts. I'll update this thread when I locate the tracking number. EDIT: the tracking number is SFT-1589.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 04-13-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa  
        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Creamers