Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer(screening) lack of needed functions

Hello,
    first of all, I have spent tons of hours for looking about this problem but I cound not figure it out I exactly need.
    What I need is stocks screener for SP500 and SP100. I now the NT does not have this typical screening and I have tried out in Market Analyzer. But MA is really lacking of needed functions.
    Let say, I have a simple strategy based on OOPS pattern and need to deploy for all SP100 and SP500 stocks every day before market open, just simple have a look if some stock has met these conditions:

WilliamsR(10)[1]<-90
    Open[1]>Close[1]
    Low[1]>Open[0]
    Open[0]>Close[1]

..how can I make it in MA when there is no chance in Alert or Column to compare 2 conditions between them like it Strategy Builder? I can only make condition from Indicator, like WilliamsR(10)<-90, but no chance to set up rest of above.

Thank you very much for help
    Pedro

Hello Pedro79,

Thanks for your post.

To accomplish your goal you would need to create a custom indicator that evaluates the 4 conditions you have listed and based on the evaluation provide an output that the market analyzer can use.

For example, if all the conditions are true, output a value of +1, if any condition is false, output a value of 0. This way, regardless of instrument, you can set the cell conditions to work with either a +1 or 0 value.

An indicator with a plot set to 1 or 0 can be read by the market analyzer.

The indicator can be added to the Market analyzer through the indicator column.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

thank you for your message.
      I would like to ask you if this I can create via Indicator Wizard in NT8 or I have to do it as ninjascript. I'm asking because Im not programmer and my knowledge in this area is zero.
      If there is no way to do it via Indicator Wizard, I need to know in order to stop looking finding the way and vainly..

Thank you
      Pedro

Comment

Hello Pedro,

Thanks for your reply.

The NT8 indicator wizard will only create the structural outline of the indicator for you. Any coding for the conditions evaluation you would need to create in the OnBarUpdate() directly in the NinjaScript editor.

If you would like this created for you, we can provide references to 3rd party vendors that can create your strategy as needed.

Comment

Hello Paul,
          thank you for clarify how does it work.
          Last question :-) ..does NT have a plan to create in the future some "more human" system about Stock Screening or so? I know couple trading analytics softwares where is possible to make more things really easiest and the big advantages is their own "easy language", like Tradestation or Amibroker and their AFL. The AB is really one of the best analytics software I have ever seen but I have to ask if NT has a plan in future implement something like this,..when I already have NT lifetime licence.

At the moment I do not have a plan to buy another software but it will be good to know what NT will plan in close horizon,..let say in this year if it should be the way to wait or go for another program.

However, Im not only one who do trading every day couples different strategies like Intraday and swing stock systems and is not a programmer and would like to create some soficticated things for more automatization by using some "easy language"...

Comment

Hello Pedro79,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not have details of future implementations, however, I would be glad to create a feature request in our system to convey customer interest in a feature.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes