Collapse

Interactive Brokers + Ninja charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread answered most of the basic questions I had. Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by crosscreek View Post

Interactive Brokers latest releases provide tick bid ask data for time and sales so you can get it to work even with a footprint chart. Just stick to time charts and you will save thousands in data fees (especially if you trade CBOT and bond futures)
      https://financefeeds.com/interactive...ta-time-sales/
      If this is the case, why is your page (https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm) still not reflecting this? Is this a feature still to be implemented on Ninjatrader end?

Sorry for the basic questions. I am just getting into all this.

Comment

Interactive Brokers does not provide NinjaTrader with 'Bid/Ask Stamped Tick Data' which is required for some Order Flow tools to work 'out of the box'. For example, you'll notice if you create a chart with Volumetric bars with default settings, you get something like this:Changing the Volumetric bar's 'Delta type' to 'UpDownTick' can mitigate this, but it's important to understand what this is doing:Here is a quote from the help guide on Volumetric Bars:
        To perform the delta buy / sell aggressor classification (DeltaType BidAsk), historical bid / ask tick data access by your provider is needed. To see which data providers can offer which type of data in NinjaTrader, please review this table. If your provider could only support 'last' historical tick data, then the classification could still be made using DeltaType UpDownTick mode.
        Compare this to a Kinetick feed which does supply historical and real-time as well as 'Bid/Ask Stamped Tick Data':'Bid/Ask Stamped Tick Data' may be available in future iterations of the Interactive Brokers API connection with NinjaTrader, however, it is not available at this time.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. For the purpose of Renko and Kagi charting, does IB at the moment provide required data? My current strategy requires those and I can surely consider Kinetick subscriptions for future.

My present target is to develop an algo trading strategy employing data used to generate above mentioned charts.
          Last edited by Inflamed_Luny; 04-21-2020, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Renko is a tick based bar type. Interactive Brokers would provide real-time data but not historical data for a renko bar (or any tick-based data series).

Kagi is based on whatever base period type/interval you've selected. So, for example, if you choose 1 minute as your base period for the Kagi bar, then Interactive Brokers would provide historical and real-time data for that Kagi bar. If you were to choose 150 tick as your base period for the Kagi bar, then I would only expect to see real-time data for this Kagi bar.

Visit the link below to learn more about each bar type and what underlying data type is used to build each bar type:

Comment

Thanks. I downloaded the demo and giving it a try. One more question: Do you know if I need IBKR Pro to be able to trade using NinjaTrader (after I buy the license of course)? Thanks.

Comment

I can say with certainty that IBKR Lite is not compatible since that type of account does not support API connections. I would recommend confirming with Interactive Brokers that the account type you're planning on opening can connect to third party apps via an API like NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post AaronKoRn  
                Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post carnitron