Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different strategy on different tabs

Hi,

I have several tabs with different instruments (futures, stocks) and is there anyway when I select a ATM strategy for a certain tab, it sticks? Right now when I switch tabs the strategy stays the same and I have to use the pull-down menu to switch (i.e. a futures strategy is much different than my stock strategy).

Thanks!

Hello Stok,

Thanks for the post.

If using chart trader in different tabs of the same chart window, it would be expected that changing the ATM strategy in one would change it for the others as well. If using a different chart window, you are able to change ATM strategies independent of the other chart windows.

Also, if you are using a superdom, ATM strategies will be specific to their own tab. Therefore changing the ATM strategy in one tab will not change it in the others.

If you'd like, I can submit a feature request on your behalf to have ATM strategies be independent on chart trader as well within the same window.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan. Yes, I am using chart trader with one window and multiple tabs. I think that would be a great request, since I assume others may have different instruments on different tabs and want independent strategies setup per tab.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

I have submitted this request to our development team for consideration on future releases. Below is the tracking number for this request:

SFT-2060

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Add my vote for a Chart Trader /ATM Strategy settings option to enable assignment of different Chart Trader /ATM Strategy configurations to each different instrument tab in a chart window, and have that Chart Trader /ATM Strategy apply to the same instrument tabs in any other chart windows that are associated by Instrument Link.

Consider this example workspace consisting of four chart windows, with six tabs in each. The chart windows and tabs are organized so each chart window is for a different periodicity (e.g. 1 min, 5 min, 15 min, 60 min), and each tab is for a different instrument (e.g. ES, NQ, YM, RTY, CL, GC). So, in each of the four chart windows, those six instrument tabs are in that order, and each instrument's four tabs of different time periods are linked by Instrument Link color. With this arrangement, all four periods of any one of six instruments can be visible at the same time. So that's all good, but different instruments require different Chart Trader /ATM Strategy configurations, and as NT8 functions now, unless I'm missing something, Chart Trader /ATM Strategies apply to a chart window and all its tabs regardless of instrument differences, not to each different instrument tab separately. This is a significant problem, and makes an efficient workspace as I've described impractical to use with Chart Trader /ATM Strategies.

Ideally, the Chart Trader would have a selector to either Apply to Chart (applicable to all contained tabs - the existing functionality) or Apply to Instrument (separately applicable to each different instrument tab within the chart, and to all Instrument Linked tabs in other charts).

The original post in this thread is dated April 2018. Has there been any progress on this improvement request?

Comment

Hello Lancer,

Thank you for your note.

There are no updates to provide on this request at this time. I have added a vote to this feature request on your behalf.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

I also definitely want this feature - asap!

Comment

Count my vote too!

Comment

Add my vote, please.
                  How many votes are there necessary to implement this feature?

Several people may found this very useful!!

Comment

+1

Please add my vote.

Comment

Please add my vote.

This request dates back to 2018. Really?

Seems the further development of the NT8 platform has very little priority or maybe development is too busy with bug fixing as obvious change requests from long time users are not honored.

Comment

Hello Mich62,

Thank you for your message.

We will be adding your vote to this feature request.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                        • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                        • Feasibility
                        • Developer bandwidth
                        • Current projects in the queue
                        • Economics
                        You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.
                        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post alifarahani  
                        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes