Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Markers smaller possible?

Hello,

thank you for the wonderful platform. My issue with trader execution markers is that they are cluttering up the charts and make candles/bars invisible. My issue is only with the up and down arrows, not the little triangles. The triangles are perfect, but the arrows... I don't even know what these arrows are supposed to mean. Is it possible to have them somehow easily removed and only have the little triangles left?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hundert; 07-23-2019, 08:40 AM.

Hello,
    Thank you for writing in.
    If you right-click on your chart and select "Data Series," then scroll all the way to the bottom of the Properties menu, there is an option for "Plot executions."
    You may change this to "Do not plot," click "OK," then these arrows will be removed.
    Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

But then the little triangles are gone too and I can't see where I've entered the trade.

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for the reply.
        Yes, unfortunately it is currently not possible to isolate one or the other.
        I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.
        Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1121. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Hi, a little late, but this is also a flaw for me over the years and the reason that I don't use the price markers. Now I've searched again and it seems that I'm not the only one with this. Sometimes the markers are printed all together in one place. Problem exists on all prior versions (s.picture).

Comment

Hello BearingHH,

Thanks for the post.

I suspect what you are running into is a slightly different symptom than what hundert describes above. What your screenshot demonstrates happens most often when you have a chart that does not include the bars for when your executions took place, so they are 'bunched' at the closest available location, or when you are using a tick-based chart. With tick-based charts it is because it is possible on these charts to have multiple bars with the same time-stamp, so the executions appear on the first bar where the timestamp exists.

You can read more about how execution markers work below:

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Hello Melissa,

I am also a little late to this important discussion. I believe there are many of us who would like a feature to get rid of those clunky up/down trade direction arrows leaving just the little trade triangle markers -like on many other trading platforms. The clunky arrows really do block the view and make it very hard to visualize what's going on when scaling in and out of positions. How fast can this feature be implemented?? I can see some requests for this going back several years...

Thanks, Sinai

Comment

Hello Sinai,

Thanks for the note.

This feature has not been implemented at this time but is still being tracked. We cannot provide estimates on when a feature request will be implemented. Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                  • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                  • Feasibility
                  • Developer bandwidth
                  • Current projects in the queue
                  • Economics
                  You'll find the tracking numbers provided in the release notes when a feature is implemented:Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Melissa,

I was just wondering if this potential update is still in development or not.

Regards,

Ondrej

Comment

Hello Ondrej,

Thanks for your post.

This feature request has not been implemented on the platform at this time.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                      • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                      • Feasibility
                      • Developer bandwidth
                      • Current projects in the queue
                      • Economics
                      You'll find a note regarding this feature request in the release notes section of the help guide when the feature is implemented.​
                      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post TradeSaber  
                      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes