Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bars not building correctly with sufficient data - FOREX

Hello Support

I notice that for my 240 minute charts, the bars don't build correctly even though I have 8 days of data loaded?

Attached is a screenshot of 2 of the same 240 minute charts side by side. One with 8 days of data and one with 13 days of data. You can see the bars display differently even though there is enough data. I would assume 1 days data is enough for one 240 minute bar to display correctly?

I'm using FXCM data. I've not seen this problem before. I've also reset the database and deleted the Dadabase Tick, Minute Cache and Day folders. Restarted ninjatrader and the computer. I've also deleted the _Workspaces.xml file and built a new workspace......nothing has made a difference?

Appreciate your help
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

Please answer the following questions so I may further troubleshoot the behavior you are seeing:

Which version of NinjaTrader 8 are you running? You can find this by going to Help>about from the control center, 8.0.xx.x

When were each of these charts loaded? If you right click and select 'reload historical data' on both charts, does the issue persist?

Where are you getting historical data for this instrument?

I look forward to your response.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for posting.

Please answer the following questions so I may further troubleshoot the behavior you are seeing:

Which version of NinjaTrader 8 are you running? You can find this by going to Help>about from the control center, 8.0.xx.x

When were each of these charts loaded? If you right click and select 'reload historical data' on both charts, does the issue persist?

Where are you getting historical data for this instrument?

Hello Support

I'm using Ninjatrader 8.0.13.1 64-bit
      Using 'reload historical data' on each chart does not change anything
      I'm getting data from FXCM

It seems to be happening to time frames higher than 60 minute charts only?

Again, I've also reset the database and deleted the Database Tick, Minute Cache and Day folders. Restarted ninjatrader and the computer. I've also deleted the _Workspaces.xml file and built a new workspace......nothing has made a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by TraderYoda View Post
        Hello Support

I'm using Ninjatrader 8.0.13.1 64-bit
        Using 'reload historical data' on each chart does not change anything
        I'm getting data from FXCM

It seems to be happening to time frames higher than 60 minute charts only?

Again, I've also reset the database and deleted the Database Tick, Minute Cache and Day folders. Restarted ninjatrader and the computer. I've also deleted the _Workspaces.xml file and built a new workspace......nothing has made a difference?
        Hello Support

I think I found the problem....but I don't know how to fix it??

If I tick "Break at EOD" in the data series for 20 days loaded then it matches the data series with 5 bars loaded!

The issue is I don't want to use "Break at EOD". I trade Forex. It took me a year to discover why my Market Analyzer moving average results were not corresponding to the same moving averages on the charts - it was because I had the "Break at EOD" ticked for the indicators in the Market Analyzer. As soon as I unticked this option, the values in the Market Analyzer matched those on the charts!

Based on this, my understanding is that if I have UNCHECKED "Break at EOD" on the 240 minute chart with 5 bars data and the 240 minute chart with 20 days data, then the bars should still display (build) the same?

Appreciate you help

Comment

Hello Support

Are you busy looking into this?

Appreciate your help

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

I've been unable to reproduce the behavior you are seeing on my end. Does the issue persist if you use NinjaTrader's historical data? You can change this in the account connection setup.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
              Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

I've been unable to reproduce the behavior you are seeing on my end. Does the issue persist if you use NinjaTrader's historical data? You can change this in the account connection setup.

Hi RyanS

As far as I know I am using Ninjatrader historical data. Can you please explain what you mean by these settings so I can confirm for sure?

Also, please confirm my I understanding of the problem I'm seeing is correct based on my previous question.....

"my understanding is that if I have UNCHECKED "Break at EOD" on the 240 minute chart with 5 bars data and the 240 minute chart with 20 days data, then the bars should still display (build) the same?"

Appreciate your assistance

Comment

Hello,
                Thanks for the note.

The Break at EOD setting should have no effect on the 5 minute bars, as this setting only affects multi-time frame charts.

You can check which historical data you are using in the account connection settings. To do this, go to Connections>Configure and select your established connection. Then see if the setting 'NinjaTrader historical data server' is checked or unchecked.

I would advise testing with both, reloading the historical data after each change.

Please let me know what you find.

Comment

I ended up uninstalling Ninjatrader completely including My Documents folders. This fixed the problem......seems something was corrupted

Comment

Hello Support

Unfortunately this problem has appeared again. The real strange thing is that I'm using another computer that is located at a family members house and using a different internet provider!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled ninjatrader 8 v13.1

I've deleted the Database folders - tick, minute, day and cache

Reset the the database

I've rebuilt my workspace

The problem still remains! This issue is driving me nuts as I can't pinpoint the problem. The only common denominators are my data feed from FXCM and Ninjatrader latest build

Has anyone else reported this problem?

I would be very grateful if you could help me sort this problem

See attached screenshot
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                      Thanks for the note.

On the new computer, have you changed the historical data provider to NinjaTrader in your account connection setup? If not, please do so and try reloading the data on the charts.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

Hi Ryan

I have not changed anything in connection settings. See attached screenshot of my connection settings and please advise if they are correct?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Those should be the correct settings.

Please write a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com ATTN RyanS with your log and trace files attached.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files:
                          Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                          Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                          Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                          Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Also, please link this forum ticket in the body of the email.
                          Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Hi Ryan

I have sent my log and trace files but.........

I "think" I figured out the cause of the problem? I just don't know if the limitation is on Ninjatraders side or FXCM?

Here's what I found....

My current multi time frame analysis comprises of 5m, 30m 90m and 270m (4.5hrs)

The problem seems to happen on any minute time frame that CAN'T be equally divided into 24 hours when converted from minutes to hours....e.g.

The problem does NOT happen with 90m (1.5hrs) or 120m (2hrs) or 180m (3hrs) or 240m (4hrs) or 360m (6hrs) or 480m (8hrs) or 720m (12hrs)

All these hr timeframes can equally be divided into 24 hrs

The problem occurs with time frames like 270m (4.5hrs), 300m (5hrs), 420m (7hrs), 540m (9hrs), 600 (10hrs) etc as none of these hour time frames evenly divide into 24 hrs

I have no idea if I'm right with this as this is just an observation

Please advise?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                            6 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DJ888
                            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                            0 responses