Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCO with ATM's

Hello,

if I right click, place a limit order to sell, then right click, place a limit order to buy, like I would with a naked bracket OCO order, but with an ATM selected, the second order is always rejected with a message saying the ATM order has to fill first. Is there a way to submit bracket orders, with an attached ATM on fill? Thanks.

Hello pjsmith,

The error message is indicating an active ATM Strategy is still selected. This will be indicated in the ATM Strategy drop-down by a lightning bolt preceding the strategy name followed by dash and instance number.

To enter a trade, select an inactive strategy or select <custom> from the ATM Strategy drop-down. To use the same Atm Strategy again, select the original strategy that does not have the lightning bolt at the beginning.

Below is a link to the Atm 201 training video which demonstrates.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnyx...tu.be&t=21m16s

Below is a link to the help guide on 'Understanding the ATM Strategy control list options'. Please see the title 'Active ATM Strategy Names'.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...rolListOptions

It is also possible to set a SuperDOM window or Chart Trader to keep the inactive strategy selected upon order entry.
    This mode is designed for traders who by default, want to always create a new set of Stop Loss and Profit Target brackets (new ATM Strategy) with each new order placed.
    To do this:
    • Right-click the SuperDOM window or Chart Trader area in the chart, then select Properties.
    • Under General, change the value for 'ATM Strategy selection mode' to 'Keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission'.
    • Click Apply (Set Default if you would like) and OK
    Below I have added a link to the help guide on 'ATM strategy selection mode' should you need a reference.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...SubmissionMode

The difference between these options is that you can either quickly scale in to an order with the same Atm Strategy by having the active strategy auto-select, or instead, you can quickly create a new order with a new Atm Strategy instance (for bracketing with opposing orders for example).

Last, elow I am providing links to videos that demonstrate using OCO to bracket the market with entry orders and how to select inactive Atm Strategies with each entry.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 07-07-2020, 12:01 PM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. This was helpful for exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post burtoninlondon  
      Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post AaronKoRn