Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts - Current day only

Hello,

The chart period setting on data series seems a little illogical to me. I want 1 day, the current day, only. So, data from the start of the session on. If I set days to 1, I always get a full prior day of data, then the current session. I cannot set days to 0, it will not accept that. I CAN go into every chart, every time I start a new day and change the date from today, to today, which is what I do with a few charts, but it's a chore, or course. Is there a way to tell NT to load the current session only, and remember it? If not, can I suggest that this be implemented as days = 0 ?

Thanks.

Are you referring to the 'days to load' property of a chart's Data series? If not, could you elaborate on exactly where you're referring to within NinjaTrader?

Comment

I think he means this...

days to load, is 1 day, BUT the data is always loaded for 2 days(today and yesterday). Click image for larger version

Name:	SharedScreenshot.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	1059984

Comment

Hello Patrick. Yes, days to load, as suggested by SuperDriveGuy.

Days to load = 1, always loads > 1 days, i.e. full last day, plus current session. I would like just current session, but I do not want to have to set the from to date every single day across all the charts. (or at all, really). Thnks

Comment

I have no issue on my end settings days to load to zero:

If this same chart setting produces different results, so I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
          • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
          • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
          • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

This is bizarre - Not sure if this is a change, but I have tried this in the past, and I was sure it always went back to 1. I tried it before I made the post and confirmed. I just tried it again, and it worked! Maybe is new in latest version? If not, I sincerely apologise, as you've already got this sorted and just resolved the issue!

Comment

Originally posted by pjsmith View Post
              This is bizarre - Not sure if this is a change, but I have tried this in the past, and I was sure it always went back to 1. I tried it before I made the post and confirmed. I just tried it again, and it worked! Maybe is new in latest version? If not, I sincerely apologise, as you've already got this sorted and just resolved the issue!
              I too had tried this in the past, setting "Days to Load" = 0, something must have changed, in the releases since(not sure when I tried this the last time).

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post llanqui
              by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
              0 responses