Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Shift + Middle Mouse Button not working to adjust layers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift + Middle Mouse Button not working to adjust layers?

Hi,

Quick question.

I want to have my price series (candlesticks) overlayed on top of my on-chart indicators. In the past, I've quickly adjusted this with holding down SHIFT and my middle mouse button scrolling after selecting the data series. This shows Layer 1 of 2, 1 of 3, etc. I just scroll until my chart is on top.

Earlier tonight, I had two tabs open on the same window. On one tab this would work, but on the other, nothing happens when I try this.

By accident, I closed Ninja and now it's not working by default.

Did I botch up some setting that prevents this? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Showing what I mean here. Indicator is on top of chart. I want chart on top of indicator line.

Data series is selected.

In the past, I've been able to then hold SHIFT and scroll layers with the middle mouse button. Currently not working.

Comment

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for your posts.

I've just tested and was able to change the Z-Index on the latest version just fine. What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using (ex. 8.0.18.0)? You can find this under Help > About.

Also, are you using any third party indicators on your charts? Do you receive any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
        Hello Johnny,

Thank you for your posts.

I've just tested and was able to change the Z-Index on the latest version just fine. What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using (ex. 8.0.18.0)? You can find this under Help > About.

Also, are you using any third party indicators on your charts? Do you receive any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Hi, Kate,

Thanks for helping!

I just checked again and it does indeed seem to be a problem with my 3rd party indicator. It's worked just fine in the past, so I didn't think of that as an option when I got trouble this time. I thought it was some general setting I had botched up.

Basically, the Z-index does not show up at all when this indicator is on my charts.

I tried adding a second indicator now (SMA) and now Z index works, BUT, my 3rd party indicator is always on top. Any ideas on how to remedy this?

I tried removing it now while keeping the SMA. Adding the 3rd party after this, the Z index actually works.

Regards,

Johnny

Comment

Can it be anything which have happened on the latest update of Ninja?

I now have this problem on two of my 3rd party indicators. I don't recall this being a problem in the past.

Comment

Hello Johnny,

I have included a demonstration video showing the function of ZOrder using Shift + Scroll Wheel. Please test the same on a new chart with standard indicators and then repeat the test with the third party indicators.

Demo - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lcz...w?usp=drivesdk

Please let us know if you have any issues performing this test.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
              Hello Johnny,

I have included a demonstration video showing the function of ZOrder using Shift + Scroll Wheel. Please test the same on a new chart with standard indicators and then repeat the test with the third party indicators.

Please let us know if you have any issues performing this test.
              Hi, Jim

Thank you for your video!

The problem is related to the 3rd party indicator as I can do this perfectly fine with standard NT indicators.

I found this inside the indicator. I wonder if that setting can be changed to something else to cure the problem?

Comment

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for your reply.

The image you tried to provide didn't get attached properly. Could you please try to post it again?

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
                  Hello Johnny,

Thank you for your reply.

The image you tried to provide didn't get attached properly. Could you please try to post it again?

Thanks, Kate.

I think I'll just leave this one like it is for the time being. I was able to somehow amend the problem. It seems like the Z-order works initially when using this indicator such that if I set it correctly when first loading the indicator, things work just fine.

My question with regards to this thread was more to find if I had botched up some general setting which locked the Z-order or something like that. Turns out the problem is probably with the indicator itself.

Thanks!

Johnny

Comment

I had the same issue and want to share a tip. If you do not see the Layer 1 of X label, just click the indicator, hover your mouse over the indicator, and scroll the scroll wheel anyway. It might work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post SantoshXX  
                    Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DanielTynera