Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuous Session in Ninja 8

Hello,

Ninja 7 has a feature where I can create a weekly session (Sunday 6pm to Friday 5pm), it prevents daily EOD event. It looks like it can not be done in Ninja 8 under Time Sessions. Is this feature removed?

Thanks,
    redduke

That's correct - a session in NinjaTrader 8 cannot span more than 24 hours. You can disable 'Break at EOD' in the data series of your chart to accomplish the same thing that the session your describe accomplished:
    • Right-click on your chart > Data series
    • Disable 'Break at EOD' > OK

Comment

Patrick Thanks a lot

Comment

Hello,

I spent a lot of time on trying to mimic what I am doing in NT7 and could not replicate the same behavior in NT8, session related.

I trade of odd bar sizes and do not want to break the bar up if particular trading day ends. One of my strategies trades of 47 hour bars (2820 minute bar). I created a continuous, week long session in NT7 (see attachment "NT7 Session"). If you look at the chart example (see attachment "NT7 chart"), the last 2 bars of the week were created in the way that last bar of the week ended promptly at 5pm even though 47 hours did no pass, but since it was the end of the week, Ninja ended it, and next week all starts afresh.

I created a similar week long session in NT8 Trading Hours (see attachment "NT8 Session"), but NT8 does not allow a session over 24 hours, so I created 4 24 hours long session and 1 23 hour long session (Friday). When I create the same 2820 chart (I disable EOD break in Data Series), end of the week is working incorrectly. As you can see in chart example (see attachment "NT8 chart"), the last bar of the week does not cut off at 5pm, but spills into Saturday (06/08/2019), and marks bar end time as 9am on Saturday.

This really messes up all my charts in NT8. Is there way to make the last bar of the week to end promptly at 5pm while having continuous week long session similar to NT7? Essentially, I need EOW (end of week) break.

Thanks a lot,
        redduke
        Attached Files
        Last edited by RedDuke; 06-26-2019, 09:55 AM.

Comment

The root issue is two fold - the inability to create a session which spans more than 24 hours, and the fact that you're using an interval that does not divide evenly into your session/week. Sunday at 6 to Friday at 5 is 119 hours. 2820 (47 hours) does not divided into this evenly.

The solution for you would be to either have an interval that divides evenly into 119, or for NinjaTrader 8 to be able to have sessions which are longer than 24 hours.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1591. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-04-2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Patrick

Thank you very much for your reply and feature request.

Regards,
            redduke

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Was curious if you can send me internal tracking so that I can keep it for me reference.

Thanks,
              redduke

Comment

I would like to vote in favour of SFT-1591.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                168 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post sidlercom80  
                Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred