Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Yahoo Data Connection Available

Hello

I see in the old ninjatrader and previous versions of nt8, one could use yahoo to connect their ninja trader and get real time data like in example 1.

Example 1: Yahoo available

Why can't I access yahoo and add it as a connection on my ninjatrader 8, like in example 2, it isn't even an option. HELP.

Example 2: No Yahoo option available

Edit: I see ninjatrader gets a lot of its data from Yahoo, I really don't understand how Yahoo can't be used when in the code of ninja trader yahoo is referenced all the time

Example 3:

US Equities RTH pÿ| ? {Gz? 0 Anthem Inc.ANTMhttp://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ANTM
    Last edited by MoneyMaker6; 06-03-2019, 03:37 AM.

Hello MoneyMaker6,

Thank you for your note.

Unfortunately, due to some backend changes with Yahoo connections they are no longer a supported connection in the NinjaTrader platform.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
      Yes, if Yahoo isn't available can you help me connect to real time data without being charged any fees?

I see none of the current available connections are free, or if they are free they work with simulated data or they just can't connect to the network at all.

Thank you for the quick response

Comment

Hello MoneyMaker6,

Thank you for the reply.

I would suggest registering for a free real time data demo from our website: https://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData

Comment

Hello MoneyMaker6,
          I would suggest registering for a free real time data demo from our website: https://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData
          I tried that too, unfortunately, but that only offers simulated data which means it shouldn't be called 'Real time' at all

it is not using real stock values but rather computer generated values

Comment

Hello MoneyMaker6,

Thank you for the reply.

I believe you are referring to the Simulated Data Feed connection in the platform. The link I provided is for a real time data futures demo, the data provided in this demo is accurate and real data provided by CQG.

Comment

Hello MoneyMaker6,
              I'm disappointed, my demo has expired, but in the time I ran it the Ninja Trader was unable to process sell and buy orders run through a strategy.

The program would either say, 'Submitting' indefinitely or my strategy would sent a buy command but Ninja trader wouldn't show any such command issued.

Not sure what the problem is, but it isn't my code because it works fine on simulated data.

Why is the demo data feed, not working with Strategies?

Comment

Hello MoneyMaker6,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2172491" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
                • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hello MoneyMaker6,
                  Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2172491" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
                  • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                  • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                  • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                  • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                  I look forward to your reply.
                  Sorry but that is not going to help your investigation. The program doesn't generate a log when you tell it to buy but get no reaction, there is no recognition that any order has been made and ignored. It doesn't submit it at all like it never happened to begin with.

However when I run my program in simulation there is no such problem.

I'm working on a way of showing you evidence of this problem, perhaps in a video though that might be hard to understand.

I see now that it is strangely working ???. Right now I'm busy sorting out which stocks didn't work and which did, I'll send you a list when I'm done.

Ok I ran my code through all the stock available and in this grid break down you can see all the stocks I had to cancel because they were infinitely pending/submitting/working. I can understand why it could infinitely be placed in selling a share but not in buying when in my code I ask to buy the current market value.

All the orders I Cancelled are the stocks that either do not buy or sell, or don't submit a buy order.

Comment

I would suggest that you contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com or post this under the NinjaScript sub-forum so that a NinjaScript technician can work with you and your strategy to find out what the root cause of this symptom is.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                    8 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                    4 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post jgualdronc