Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market watch

Hi,

Does the new Market Watch feature use ETH trading hours to track the net change for futures? Which trading hours does it use for U.S. equities? I don't see a properties option to choose trading hours.
    Thanks

The Market Watch window uses the fundamental market data "Last Close" to calculate. This is not necessarily any particular trading hours template, but "last close compared to x time and price". Here is a link with more information about the Market Watch windows:

Comment

I looked in the link above, but I see nothing about what time frame is being plotted in "Market Watch"

What time of day does the chart begin?

When it displays the $change and the % Change, what is the starting point it is using as the starting price? Is it the prior day close, midnight, ??

If we are displaying a future instrument for ES for example, these are important to know--is the starting price at say 5 PM CST the prior day- when the new day's future OPEN begins?

Thanks!
      Last edited by EminiTrader; 08-04-2021, 01:47 PM. Reason: Corrected to read Market Watch not Market Analyzer

Comment

The Market Watch doesn't begin at a specified time, per se. As I stated in my reply to derivtrader, Market Watch compares the current price to "Last Close" price which is a market data value sent by your data provider. I would assume that this would mean the end of the ETH session which for most US futures is 4PM CT. This may change depending on what instrument you're viewing.

The starting point for percent change calculations is again that same 'Last Close' value.

This definition of the Market Watch window can be found here (the parent page of the link in my first reply on this topic):
        • "The Market Watch window displays tiles of the selected instrument(s) that display a 1 minute net change graph of the current session, last price, and net change in points & percent for a quick glance at the market(s)."
        • https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rket-watch.htm
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 08-04-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, now I see the 1-Minute reference, I think I had "tired head" and didn't see it when I looked. In case others are reading this --when you said "last close" in your post, I read that to mean "bar close" price which didn't make sense to me--now I see it is referring to Session Close not bar close.

More coffee for me now !!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post kempotrader  
          Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes