VX 03-18 No Real-time Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VX 03-18 No Real-time Update

Today, I added VX 03-18 to my Instrument List and Instruments. All other updates working fine that I added when becoming a new member some months ago.

I can get a new graph but it is not updating me in real-time.

Respectfully, can someone tell me what I am not doing???

Hello MadProfit,

Thank you for your post.

Resetting your instruments should resolve this item.

To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.

First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Eric B.

Thanks for your quick reply...But, it did not work. I even tried deleting the user defined instruments to be on the safe side...yet I am using ONLY your instruments and instrument list being a newbie....

Your continued advice would be appreciated....???

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can Not Attach Trace and Log files

Please note that I created the files but could not upload because of an administrator security missing.

What is this and please authorize the upload. Or, if you have an alternative email address, please send to me.

john

Comment

VX 03-18 No Real-Time Prices-- Resolution

Please note that, in my case, I signed on NT using NinjaTrader Brokerage. And, in my initial sign-up, one chooses the list of exchanges one seeks to trade, and the list of instruments one seeks to trade.

In my case, VX was not initially chosen by me nor enabled for the real-time data feed.

Lesson: Do Not assume you are permitted real-time prices for all instruments. NT may have the symbols (VX), specifications, trading hours or risk database but this does not imply you have access to all the real-time prices.

I have re-signed my desired future instruments that now includes the VX and this should solve my issue.

NT support Eric.B was most helpful and prompt in determine this newbie oversight.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post kempotrader  
            Started by mmenigma, Today, 08:54 AM
            0 responses
            1 view