commissions not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

commissions not showing

Today is my firs day trading live with brokerage account. I have taken 2 trades and the commission is still at $0.00

But when i trade in Live SIm, it shows the commission being added on.

Im trading the micro s&p. heres a screen shot
    Attached Files

Comment

I figured out how to fix it. Now that its enabled, what happens to the commissions that it didn't take out from the first 2 trades? Will it add it?

Comment

Johnny,

Glad that you figured it out. To apply commisison you must use a commission template.
        • Navigate to the Control Center -> Accounts tab
        • Right click on an account and select 'Edit Account...'
        • On the 'Commission' row, select the name of the template in the pull-down menu
        • Click 'OK
        Commissions will not apply retroactively. So only new trades going forward will have the commission applied.
        Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So what was I charged before it was applied?

Comment

Johnny,

The commissions applied in NinjaTrader are only for the calculation done in your Trade Preformance report. You can find out what comissions you actually paid by viewing this PDF available on our website:

Please see the following link for more information on Commission Templates in NinjaTrader: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ommissions.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
              Johnny,

The commissions applied in NinjaTrader are only for the calculation done in your Trade Preformance report. You can find out what comissions you actually paid by viewing this PDF available on our website:
              I'm confused. So What i see while I'm trading is not what I'm paying? That wouldn't make sense.

My question is, Before I activated the lifetime commission in the settings, I was not seeing a commission. What was I being charged BEFORE I set it to lifetime?

Comment

Johnny,

The commissions in the platform must be set by you to determine how the platform calculates your Trade Performance(in the Trade Performance window). If you never set a commission template than your Trade Performance window in NinjaTrader would likely not match your brokerage statement. You must manually apply a commission template to an account before NinjaTrader knows what values will be calculated in your Trade Performance report.

What was I being charged BEFORE I set it to lifetime?
                I suspect you paid the commission of the non lifetime license if that was before you switched the license over.

Comment

Ref commissions not showing. I followed the steps outlined, but still not getting any commissions for Forex: EURUSD or others.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Comment

Hello CHEIII,

Thank you for your post.

If the commission templates you see don't suit you (in this case, they may not include values for forex), then you would have to create a custom commissions template. You may do so by navigating to Control Center > Tools > Commissions. In this window, click, "add" in the Templates section towards the bottom left side to create a new template. Next, depending on the instrument type you intend on trading, click on the instrument type in the 'Commission per instrument type' section, and click edit. Lastly, add the 'Minimum commission' or 'Per-unit commission' and then click 'OK'. Follow the above steps to apply the commission template to your account.

Unfortunately, the prior orders you've executed will not be applied with commissions, however, the new orders you execute will have the commissions applied.

Additionally, please see the following publicly available NinjaTrader 8 help guide link on Working With Commission Templates:
                    Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
                    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post RookieTrader  
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes