ATM Trailing Stop error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Trailing Stop error

Patrick, I've attached two pics which clearly displays that the underlying did NOT tick up during this fast move. Therefore, the Stop1 should not have initiated a Trail Stop.

What we do see is that the current price (per the Chart) was still at 2730 and proceeded lower. Since the current price (as captured by Close[0]) was still at 2730, the ATM saw this as having met the 3-4 tick spread required to move Stop1.

Now, here's the kicker, the Stop1 was place 1-tick below the fill in response to the error; it should have returned it to 8-ticks below the fill price.

So, here's the correction: either use a TickPrice value that provides the current fill price since Close[0] lags (as does the Chart showing tick bars); or, recognize that there has been a sudden move and delay the read of Close[0] for 2-3 milliseconds.

If NT8 chooses the former, then the Stop1 should be placed back at 8-ticks behind the fill price (which my software does since the Stop1 price change is ignored).

So, in conclusion, the current price lags causing this problem; and the solution could be to place the Stop back to where it was initially placed (8-ticks below).

Ron

PS: I am still asking: Is there a TickPrice variable that could be used instead of Close[0]?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ronhb107; 03-05-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I am currently researching this further with the Development Team.

I'll edit this post when I have more information.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
      1 response
      0 likes