Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend lines in higher charts displaced in charts with lower historical data

Hello,
    When I plot a trend line, channel, etc, in a chart (240 minutes, with 900 bars of historical data),
    this line is not correctly seen in another chart with lower range of historical data, like a chart of 5 minutes, but only 15 days of historical data, not 900.
    I don´t want to add 900 days in a chart of 5 minutes, because I don´t need to look back so many time, and if I have complex indicators on this 5 min chart, there is a lot of data in memory that I don´t need.
    Then, how can I plot a line in a higher timeframe, and see it correctly in a lower timeframe chart ( 5 min, and only few days of historical data), without adding 900 days on this 5 min chart!!!
    Thanks

Hello Parmenides48,

Thank you for your note.

Could you please post screenshots of your charts so we may see the differences you are referring to? Are both charts using the same trading hours templates?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Yes. In the 60min chart you can see a channel, and in 5 min chart is in wrong place.
      Attached Files

Comment

In both charts I use : Trading hours :< use instruments settings> in the properties of each Data series window of each chart.

Comment

Hello Parmenides48,

Thank you for your note.

Is Equidistant bar spacing turned on in the Chart properties window? If so, could you please disable this and change the trading hours on both charts to "Default 24/7"? Next, please redraw the line and let me know if you experience the same.

Comment

with Default 24/7 I see saturdays and sundays without bars, obviously, but there are a 2 days with white space between bars from friday to monday, and that is catastrofic to see the chart with all this white spaces!!!.
            I am going to explate all about trading hours and , if I can´t solve it, I'll tell you.
            Thanks.

Comment

Hello again,
              I tried to solve that problem, but I can´t.
              Setting Default 24/7 and Equidistant bar disabled, in both charts ( a 60min bars chart, with 900 days loaded of historical data, and another 5 min bars chart with only 15 days loaded),
              when I plot a diagonal line in the bigger chart, it is completely wrong plotted in the smaller chart.
              In addition, I don´t want to see white space between friday and monday bars.
              How can I configurate both charts to see the lines correctly plotted in the smaller chart, without adding 900 days of historical data in the 5 min chart.
              ( I dont need so much historical data in the 5 min chart!)
              Thanks

Comment

Hello Parmenides48,

Thank you for your note.

Please send an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2125049" in the subject line so we may investigate this matter further on your end by scheduling a remote support session with you.

Comment

Hello Parmenides48,
                  I might save you some time - what you're finding has no fix. If you want some further info search the Forum with my name. Similar issues. Went off-Forum to email to Remote support & Skype & Development. Can't be fixed, it is what it is, you'll have to live with it.
                  Don't ask me to explain the reasons, beyond my pay-grade!

Comment

So, what I understand by this last answer is that the only way to solve that problem is just add the same amount of historical data in the smaller chart ( 5 min bars).
                    Then I will have to charge the 900 days to this 5 min chart, the same as in 60 min bars chart.
                    The only problem doing that is that I will load a lot of data that I won't need in 5 min chart, including indicators that in this 5 min bars chart will need certain time calculating..., then, just to wait for all calculations in 5 min chart to have finally what I want ( plot diagonal lines correctly after been first plotted in the 60 min bars chart.
                    Then, I will do it.
                    Thanks for your answer.

Comment

brucerobinson, just to make sure we're all on the same page, can you provide some references to what you're referring to? Any or all of the following would be helpful:
                      • Forum links
                      • Ticket numbers
                      • Development Tracking Numbes

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post lightsun47  
                      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM