Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYSE Advance decline - no data displayed

Hi,

When I try to add the AdvanceDecline indicator from ecosystem I get a blank chart (see attachment). I use Interactive Brokers as data provider. So I should get data feed on NYSE, since I run another broker platform in parallel that uses the NYSE A/D data provided by IB. But I want to run this study with Ninja in the future.

What could be the problem that I cannot see the A/D data for NYSE displayed on the chart?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello slyfoxhd,

Thank you for your post.

Please check the Log tab of your Control Center. Are there any errors coming from there about the indicator or about not being able to load data?

On a blank chart, please try pulling up "^ADD", this is the symbol for the NYSE advance-decline line in NinjaTrader.

The AdvanceDecline indicator from the ecosystem works by subtracting the ^ADV and the ^DECL. Please try pulling up these instruments in a blank chart and check the log tab of your Control Center if they to not come up.

I look forward to your reply.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 04-01-2019, 02:42 PM.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I tried pulling up ^ADD and ^ADV, but still no data, chats stay blank. I cant find ^DECL, it is not on my index list?

I attached the log file, it says that I have no ES 06-19 real time data feed, but that can't be, my IB susciption includes all futures data.

I tried also the combined A/D and Tick indicator for NYSE which I downloaded earlier. I got also an error on this one as you can see from the log data.

Thanks for your help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello slyfoxhd,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have live data coming from Interactive Brokers or is it delayed? NinjaTrader must have real time data to chart data from TWS/Gateway and not delayed data.

Please also confirm that you are running either:
        These are the supported versions for connecting to NinjaTrader 8. You can check your TWS version by going to Help>About Trader Workstation.

Please also confirm with Interactive Brokers that you are indeed subscribed to the desired instruments.

I look forward to hearing of your results.

Comment

Hi,

thanks, I use real time data, not delayed data.

I used the most recent version of TWS (which is version 975.3c). But I downgrded to 973.2 version, as you recommended. Is the newest version not supported?

I receive price data on ES futures which is good. I started to receive data on ^ADD, ^TICK, ^TRIN. When I opened ^VOL I got the Historical Data Service error message (see log). But now it just started pulling up data which is also good.

What still doesn't work is the ^ADV. When I open ^ADV on seperate chart, its blank.

Finally, I want to create a NYSE Advance / Decline candle stick chart (on one chart, not two seperate ones). How can I do this?

Also, where can I find ^DECL?

Thank you!

Attached Files

Comment

Hello slyfoxhd,

Thanks for your reply.

I found that there is no symbol mapping for the DECL and ADV symbol for Interactive Brokers within NinjaTrader, so those will not work if you don't enter the symbol that IB uses under Tools>Instruments.

If you are able to pull up "^ADD", that is the NYSE advance/decline line, so it seems the original issue is resolved.

You might have hit a pacing violation with Interactive Brokers historical data servers, that would prevent you from pulling up any more historical minute data for ~10 minutes, live data would still come in though. More on that through this publicly available link:
            https://interactivebrokers.github.io...mitations.html

The newest version of TWS is not supported because the Interactive Brokers connection in NInjaTrader was designed to run on the 973.2 API.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 04-02-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom, Yesterday, 10:29 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom  
            Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes