Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange strategy

Hello,

I don't understand very well the strategy explanation in the help guide. I started a multi-instrument strategy that had already an open Account position. In the startup I created a strategy position that matches the Account position.

The strategy is orange colored in the Strategies tab. I read in the guide "Orange highlighted "Strategy" name indicates the strategy is waiting until it reaches a flat position to be in sync with the account position before fully starting. "

Does it mean that I have to close the position for the strategy to be fully active? I understand that the strategy is in Sync because the strategy position matches the Account position. Am I wrong?

Hello guillembm,

Thank you for your note.

A strategy in Orange indicates its in a historical position and the strategy is waiting till the strategy gets flat before executing a trade. To answer your question, no, you do not need to close your open position for the strategy to be fully active, you need to wait till the strategy reaches a state of flat. This is controlled by the strategies Start Behavior.

Say your strategy would have taken a trade at 5AM this morning had you had your strategy running and the strategy wouldn't have closed it out yet. But you turned your strategy on at 7AM. That virtual or historical position is still open.

If you wish to change the strategies behavior on startup you should read the following,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am a little bit lost.

This is the scenario I am working.

- When executing a strategy, this one opens a new position. At this point I have a strategy position and an account position that match.

- If I need to stop this strategy, for any reason that here is irrelevant, the strategy position disappears but the account position is active in the broker account.

- If I restart the strategy again there will be an account position but the strategy position will not exist. In that case I cannot do the follow up of the position to decide when I close it.

- To avoid it, I set a code in the strategy that is executed when it is still processing historical data to create a strategy position that matches with the account position.

- When this is done I have a strategy position and an Account position that match.

What should be the best option?

Comment

Hello guillembm,

The following would not be supported,

I set a code in the strategy that is executed when it is still processing historical data to create a strategy position that matches with the account position.

Setting the strategy position in such manner could lead to unexpected behavior.

If you would like your strategy to handle your account position, you should explore using

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes