Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Execution marker and drawing object problem

Hi
    I have a longstanding problem with the execution markers being too small to be effectively visible on my charts. The same problem also applies for drawing objects like dots and arrows etc, they are effectively invisible so unusable for me on my 4k laptop

as an example I've attached a screenshot, there are four dot markers and several executions shown, I really struggle to see them so have to continually overlay manual markup with elipses/polygons etc

Click image for larger version

Name:	objects.png
Views:	472
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1051350

I had hoped that development might have added the ability to (globally?) resize/enlarge all these objects by now, is there anything in the pipeline please?

Meanwhile, as a workaround, would it be possible to simpy code an indicator to draw ellipses based on my historical executions so I don't have to do each one manually? The idea sounds simple but I haven't dabbled with Ninjascript for a few years now so would appreciate some advice

Thanks

Hello Bend70,

Thanks for your post.

The ability to resize Execution Markers and Chart Markers in general is being tracked with the feature request ticket ID SFT-2174. I have added a vote on your behalf. As with other feature requests, we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment, but your interest is being tracked.

Since we do not support programmatic access to the NinjaTrader database, drawing historical execution markers for the account will be limited to that session and what is seen in the Account.Executions collection. It would be possible to draw ellipses whenever you see an iteration of an ExecutionUpdate event, however. An indicator could subscribe to Account ExecutionUpdate events and then draw an ellipse whenever an execution is seen, and/or from a strategy, you can have the strategy executions caught in OnExecutionUpdate to draw the ellipse.

Account.ExecutionUpdate - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tionupdate.htm

Account.Executions - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...executions.htm

OnExecutionUpdate() - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tionupdate.htm

For drawing the ellipsis, you could use the Draw.Ellipse drawing tool.

Draw.Ellipse - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...aw_ellipse.htm

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim
      Thank you very much for your helpful answer and registering the request

The only thing I would write the indicator for would be to highlight my discretionary entries going back weeks and months, so I could quickly scan my historical entries in review

From what you say about only working for the current session, and a note in one of the links, sounds like this would NOT be possible to code though, could you confirm this please?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Bend70,

Your understanding is correct, but I will clarify further. We can provide direction and a supported approach for reading the Account.Executions collection or capturing executions in the Account.ExecutionUpdate Event, but we could not provide direction or support for accessing the NinjaTrader database for all executions. The latter would be possible, but we could not provide any assistance here.

I'll leave the thread open ended for any community members that would like to share their input. Another item to consider is if a Consultant in our EcoSystem has experience accessing the NinjaTrader database. This would be unsupported by us, but a Consultant or vendor may be able to build something for you that accomplishes this task.

If you would like, we can have a representative of our EcoSystem reach out with more information.

Comment

Hi
          Please add my vote to the request to make the execution markers bigger. On a HiDPI screen they are hardly visible.
          I would be helpful if we could just change the size in one of the xaml files in the templates/skins folder for example

Comment

Hello DukuGrinder,

I have added a vote to SFT-2174. I have also noted your interest in having xaml resource keys added so this can be adjusted via skin.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-2174.

Comment

Hello caveat_lector,

Your vote has been added.

Thanks for sharing interest!

Comment

I'd very much like to be able to make my trade markers and execution markers bigger as well.
                  Please add my vote for SFT-2174.

C

Comment

I have posted some code here that may be of assistance:

Entry and Exit arrows after a trade has been executed - NinjaTrader Support Forum

Comment

Thanks Zigfried -

Will this add lines to our trades if we paste your code into 'ChartMarkerPlus' V.2 somehow? Or do I have to make an indicator or strategy with it.
                      Have you used it in 'Drawing Objects' code to enhance the Markers we put in after ? I remember 'TradeStation' used to do that - It was super
                      helpful..

Comment

Hello Chuck_63

This is code that I have in the OnBarUpdate section of a strategy. It only draws the three horizontal lines shown in the pic. It does not enhance/modify the markers...the markers and text you see on the pic are the standard NT8 markers. You also have to add some simple supporting code in OnOrderUpdate to set the coordinate variables to your initial PT/SL values, and to store the bar # where the order is submitted, something like this (for the long order):

if (order.Name == OrderLName
                        && orderState == OrderState.Submitted)
                        {
                        OrderLSLCoord = TrigEntry - (Prop100011StopLoss / InstrumentPointValue);
                        OrderLPTCoord = TrigEntry + (Prop100010ProfitTarget / InstrumentPointValue);
                        OrderLBar = CurrentBar;
                        }

Comment

Hi Zigfried,

Oh, ok - thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes