Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Profile chart 30'

Hi guys
    could you explain why I see other time letter keep appearing on a timeframe that should not be theirs? for example the E in this attached chart or the previous one. The chart is a 30' so each letter of the market profile should nicely seat on a single column. Also while I'm here could you tell me the best way to reduce the colum width of this particular 30' chart since in each column I'm expeticting to see only one letter per column? many thanks
    Attached Files

This is a known issue when using minute resolution. The work-around would be to switch the 'Resolution' to 'tick', however, this is a resource-intensive work around and the Development Team is planning a better solution for an upcoming release of NinjaTrader. Please look for 13276 in the release notes to know when this fix is implemented.

Comment

ok. will start to use tick for the mom.

Also while I'm here could you tell me the best way to reduce the colum width of this particular 30' chart since in each column I'm expeticting to see only one letter per column? many thanks

Comment

I'll need to see the top half of your Volume Profile settings. I suspect you have 'Profile period' set to 'Bars'. The letters represent 30-minute blocks of time, and your chart bars also equal 30 minutes, so I would expect only 1 (or 2) letters to display. Here is an example:

If you wanted to keep using Profile period = bars, you would need to increase the chart interval so more 30-minute chunks of time fit in one bar or increase the 'Bars' number so that the price profile includes more than 1 bar:

You can learn more about customization in the help guide:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post futtrader  
        Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
        1 response
        0 likes