New version = new bugs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for getting back to me.
    On the Filter Settings - seems pretty straight-forward, make some desired changes, don't successfully identify the full consequences of those changes. Breaking saving Settings seems fairly fundamental/coding 101 error. Consequences - hours spent routing around trying to figure out and reverse engineer what the heck is going on. I started migrating to 8 now one whole year ago, my needs are simple and this is still a regular occurrence. Every update brings a new problem. It is a torrid tale.

On the re-sort it is just plain common sense - Alerts appear at the top of the window, NT7 can be re-ordered and made 'sticky'. Although I expect it is not 'your bag' as suspect will be third party software, the new Forum is the same, unbelievably. Unless I'm missing a Setting (and I've looked), if I click on a topic the last post is not uppermost. So if a topic headline interests me and I want to know the latest, I don't see the latest, I have to scroll to the last page and to the bottom of it. Last one wasn't like that.

Oh well. Here's to mouse-clicking my filters every day until the next update. Oh what joy.
    Thanks

Comment

Hello Brett,
      Could you confirm whether or not you are confident you have clearly defined/understood what the problem is/its cause i.e. do you want further feedback, or is it now simply a fix job?

FWIW/if it helps from today - if you go back to the symptoms first described by pjsmith and which AlanP sought replicate, and what I reported had observed, picking the bones out - seemed to be two aspects operating - whether or not the Trade Performance window was closed when exiting Ninja or not, and possibly the automatic date roll forward to next day.

Last night I was unable to exit Ninja and shut down my PC. This morning as expected the date had not rolled forward overnight. I exited Ninja saving workspaces and re-opened. The date, as expected was yesterday, and yesterday's trades displayed. I then shifted the date to today, and the reported behaviour did not take place - i.e. all the Filter Settings remained in tact.

That seems to suggest that it loses the filter settings if you close Trade Performance 'today' and then open it when 'today' is the next day.
      Or not. Simply for info, seems to be what happened. Hopefully consistent with what you have identified the problem to be and expect.

Hope it helps

If correct, it seems I have two un-attractive choices - don't close overnight, close and re-open in the morning and have to manually change all my Trade Performance Start End dates but don't have to reset all my filter settings, or shut down overnight, don't have to reset all my Start End dates but do have to reset my filter settings.

Kind regards
      Bruce

Comment

We're working on a 16.2 to be released today that hopefully resolves the regression and should be available today in a few hours for you to test.

Comment

thanks for letting us know, & addressing it in a timely manner. Back steps are frustrating, but especially so when it affects something one is compelled to do daily!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by LiamTwine, Today, 08:10 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post LiamTwine  
          Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes