NT 8 all black recompile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 all black recompile

NT 8 has turned black and now needs to be recompiled..what's going on?

The NT 8 set up I had is wiped out, this happened after I restarted my pc, all my settings are gone and workspaces
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gregory Arkadin; 11-24-2017, 12:41 AM.

Hello Gregory Arkadin,

Could it be the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 folder was deleted? This folder contains all settings and workspaces. If you go to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 -->workspaces, do you see your workspaces?

If you perform a Windows search using one of the workspace names, are you able to locate the workspace file on your computer?

Do you have a backup file for your settings and workspaces? If so, you can restore the backup file at Control Center-->Tools-->Import-->Backup File to restore your settings and workspaces.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Gregory Arkadin,

Could it be the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 folder was deleted? This folder contains all settings and workspaces. If you go to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 -->workspaces, do you see your workspaces?

If you perform a Windows search using one of the workspace names, are you able to locate the workspace file on your computer?

Do you have a backup file for your settings and workspaces? If so, you can restore the backup file at Control Center-->Tools-->Import-->Backup File to restore your settings and workspaces.
      \

My backup files are gone I get this now...is there anyway to get back? stupid windows wanted me to update but I had to leave computer is everything wrecked?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gregory Arkadin,

Do you perhaps have a Windows system restore point from before the issue occurred? If so, please perform the system restore and check if you can open your workspace successful. More information can be found at the link below.
        Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

If you go to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 -->workspaces, do you see your workspaces? If you perform a Windows search using one of the workspace names, are you able to locate the workspace file on your computer?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello Gregory Arkadin,

Do you perhaps have a Windows system restore point from before the issue occurred? If so, please perform the system restore and check if you can open your workspace successful. More information can be found at the link below.
          Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

If you go to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 -->workspaces, do you see your workspaces? If you perform a Windows search using one of the workspace names, are you able to locate the workspace file on your computer?

Now I have this since some of the indicators are gone ...I just did a restore and still have the same issues.....I forgot the name of the workspaces, how do I find them if I don't remeber names?
          Attached Files

Comment

should I completely dele NT 8, is there a way I can speak with remote support?

Comment

any ideas?

Comment

Hello Gregory Arkadin,

If you go to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 -->workspaces, do you see your workspaces? If you do not know the name of your workspaces, I do not see a way to find them using Windows search.

In addition, please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the locations below.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, NT 8 all black recompile' in the subject header.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                11 responses
                0 likes