Installer Fails on Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installer Fails on Windows 10

I was trying to upgrade an older version of NT8 on my Surface today. The installer makes it 3/4 of the way through then rolls back all the changes and says "NinjaTrader 8 Setup Wizard ended prematurely". I recall this happening last time I updated my desktop as well and there was some workaround involving killing some process on Windows. Is this a known issue? How do I get NT8 to install?

Hello RandomTask,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum post in the body of the email and title the email ATTN Alan S.

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

On the surface I uninstalled NT8, deleted the folder, and then re-installed. This worked. Haven't tried on my desktop yet.

Comment

1) Ok, so now my desktop NT8 won't even start so Log and Trace files are a non-starter.
        2) The Surface is asking AGAIN for my license. I swear that every time I install an update I have to re-enter my license key. Is this normal?

Comment

Then when I enter my license I get an error saying there have been changes to my machineID and so my account is being locked. This also happens every time I install an update.

Comment

Hello RandomTask,

Please write an email to platformsupport(AT)ninjatrader(DOT)com and include a link to this forum post in the body of the email and title the email ATTN Alan S.

It will be easier for me to track and diagnose your issue if we proceed in this way.

I look forward to your reply.
            Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Email sent.

I uninstalled NT8 on the desktop and then re-installed without problems. That system is back to full functionality.

Deleting the NT8 folder deleted my license and login information and so that had to be manually re-entered on the Surface to get things back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomTask View Post
                1) Ok, so now my desktop NT8 won't even start so Log and Trace files are a non-starter.
                2) The Surface is asking AGAIN for my license. I swear that every time I install an update I have to re-enter my license key. Is this normal?
                From what I've read on here, yes. Normal. Blame MS.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888
                by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes