NT 8 wrecked after windows 10 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 wrecked after windows 10 update

Windows 10 updated and a at 8 puked. When connecting it now takes 30 seconds for the icon to change from yellow to green,upon startup the charts take about 4 minutes to load, when it finally connects it takes about 5 min for the charts to repopulate. It takes up to 10 min to get up and running. If I clear the cache it takes up to 20 know to get up and running. Why? Yes my indicators are custom however it went from working perfectly to this in the space of an update. It also crashes frequently where all the charts become unresponsive and turn white before shutting down. My CPU now runs at 100% as well as the disc and memory, this happens intermitantly while starting and no, it's not the hardware, this is a big rig dedicated to trading only. All this was not happening prior to the windows update. Where do I start to repair this ?

Hello Revs1,

The db-->cache folder is used to quickly populate historical data you have present in charts. The actual historical data is stored in the tick, minute and day folders within the db folder. So when you delete the db-->cache folder, it will take longer than before to load charts.

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, NT 8 wrecked after windows 10 update' in the subject field.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      Since the Windows 10 Fall Update, couple of days ago, My NT8 just hangs on loading tick charts, with shadow processes showing up in Task Manager. Also I get out of memory errors as "unhandled exception: not enough quota is available to process this command" show up in the log after a restart.

Please help!.
      Thanks,

Comment

Hello SuperDriveGuy,

Do you experience the hanging behavior if you create a new 150 Tick Minute chart without a chart template?

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, NT 8 wrecked after windows 10 update' in the subject field.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jason,
          Thanks for picking this up quickly.

I get the error when I load a chart with tick replay. When I load my workspace it works fine sometimes, but sometime not, hit and miss. But when I open another tick based chart with tick replay, NT8 hangs OR if I change an existing chart in my workspace to tick based with tick replay set.

This behaviour only atleast noticeably started after the Windows 10 Fall update.

I have attached my task manager after NT8 just crashed after I followed your instructions to recreate the issue(with tick replay).

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your response.

Ok, so am I correct you do not experience the issue if you create a new 150 Tick chart without a chart template? A chart without a chart template does not contain indicators. I do not see the need to enable "Tick Replay" then. What indicators do you have applied in the chart when you experience the issue with "Tick Replay" enabled? Or did you create the chart without indicators, but "Tick Replay" enabled?

In addition, could you please send me the log and trace files so I can investigate.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Massinisa  
            Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes