Collapse

Corrupted charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after a frustrating week or more of chart loading issues and corrupted charts, I have been able to find a solution that has worked for me - This is the first time I have been able to load one of my work-spaces without errors for quite some time.

I had tried all the suggestions of clearing cache etc., only to find charts showing up as "square waves" and having to reload historical data for each chart.

This evening I cloned my hard drive so that I could experiment a little.
    The solution that worked for me was to re-install NT8 v8.0.9.0 and run the "Repair" option.
    I restarted the computer and loaded the Interactive Brokers TWS.
    I then proceeded to load my work-space consisting of a multitude of various charts and everything loaded perfectly - no errors at all !!

Thought I would share my findings in the hope that it may benefit someone else !!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric M. View Post
      Well, after a frustrating week or more of chart loading issues and corrupted charts, I have been able to find a solution that has worked for me - This is the first time I have been able to load one of my work-spaces without errors for quite some time.

I had tried all the suggestions of clearing cache etc., only to find charts showing up as "square waves" and having to reload historical data for each chart.

This evening I cloned my hard drive so that I could experiment a little.
      The solution that worked for me was to re-install NT8 v8.0.9.0 and run the "Repair" option.
      I restarted the computer and loaded the Interactive Brokers TWS.
      I then proceeded to load my work-space consisting of a multitude of various charts and everything loaded perfectly - no errors at all !!

Thought I would share my findings in the hope that it may benefit someone else !!
      Great to here. Where is the Repair option. Thx.

Comment

Hello grazz,

I saved the install file for NT8 v8.0.9.0 (NinjaTrader.Install.msi) to my computer.
        Run the downloaded installer, then when it prompts you, select the 'Repair' option.
        I initially tried this on a backup hard drive and it worked perfectly for me.
        I also tried this on my original hard drive with the same results.

The charts are loading correctly and also NT8 is loading much faster.
        I'm very pleased with the results !!

Comment

OK. Thanks so much. II'll try it when I get some free time. Thx.

EDIT: I did try this. My first 7 charts load faster than they ever did but the last 9 are taking for ever to load... 20 minutes and still Loading.... (I'm using a single workspace) And I can see my bandwidth is not being used constantly. Some charts have loaded without my template/indicators applied. Strange. Tried loading the 32bit NT8.. same thing. Is there a maximum amount of charts NT8 can use?

Question for anyone please: Is there a way to display these threads in linear mode from the original post on top and the most recent on the bottom? I used hybrid, but it doesn't show all posts. I have to constantly click on the tree to see recent posts. Thanks.
          Last edited by grazz; 09-29-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

You might find that the data connections are being reset - You could check the TWS Data connections as per the attachment.
            Over the weekend, I find that Interactive Brokers reset their servers and some data may not be available until the start of the trading week.

Sometimes a restart of the TWS may help.
            If you have no immediate success, I would try again early next week.
            Attached Files

Comment

My IB connection status is all green however, IB could not retrieve data on daily charts on many instruments in after hours just now. Thanks. I feel better. I'll try Monday.

However I had another issue which this did not fix. Certain charts are not updating at certain times especially when there's minimal price action. I'm a day trader and mostly use the 5 min chart and it seems in after hours (and to a lesser degree during business hours) where there's minimal or no price action, the charts don't update and the time axis stops. If I reload historical data, everything updates fine, but in time, charts start lagging behind again. I was IM'ing a member from this forum and he/she is almost positive it's a connection issue between IB and NT. However my IB charts update candle by candle just fine but NT8 charts lag behind. My dedicated thread about this is here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...245#post521245
              Last edited by grazz; 09-29-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Hello grazz,

Thank you for your post.

We have not received your log and trace files from the thread linked below.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so I may investigate this matter further.
                • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.
                • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse