Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Time-frames and Indicators on Single Chart

Hello,

I use multiple computer monitors. On one of those monitors I have 12 mini-charts of 12 different markets that I trade on it.

I'm looking to be able to quickly switch over to a market when it appears to have a MACD and Stochastics setup and confluence on multiple timeframes.

So I am wanting to have a MACD and Stochastics indicator on four different timeframes (2 minute, 5 minute, 15 minute and 60 minute).

The problem is that the price bars take up too much space and in addition, I could not find a way to add the indicators to each of the timeframes on one single chart.

So I don't want the price bars on the four different time-frames mentioned above, I only want the MACD and Stochastics inticator on those four time-frames, that exist on a single chart.

So for example, with the screenshot attached with this post, I would want those two indicators on a single chart that is divided up into a 2 minute time-frame, a 5 minute, 15 minute and 60 minute time-frame.

So those two indicators would be stacked on top of each other four times, for the four different time-frames.

But again, I couldn't find a way to put those two indicators on multiple time-frames that exist on a single chart.

Is there a way to do what I am wanting here?

Thanks for your time,
    Attached Files

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

You can add multiple data series in one chart window and then apply the indicators for each data series. Each chart panel is divided by a horizontal line. If you hover your cursor on this horizontal line, click and hold your left mouse button, you can then make the panel smaller/bigger. This way you can eliminate the panels with the price bars from display, so it only shows the panels with indicators.

Please see the link below for information when working with multiple data series in 1 chart.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info and for the link.

I will read through it and see if I can figure it out tomorrow.

Take care,

Comment

i2w8am9ii2

Another possibility is this:
        Open a chart. Add your 4 DataSeries, one panel for each. Chose "LineOnClose" instead of candle stick bars. Set the color to Transparent.
        Now add your MACD for each and into the corresponding panel. Chose ScaleJustification: Overlay.
        Now add your Stochastics for each and again into the corresponding panel. Chose ScaleJustification: Left.

sandman
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi sandman,

Thanks so much for the detailed steps.

I will try it out later today.

Comment

I was able to get my mini-charts set up as I want, thanks to the help you guys gave me.

Thanks again sandman and Jason.

I had to add two 2 minute charts, two 5 minute charts and two 15 minute charts to make it appear as I wanted. I was not able to fit the 60 minute chart. I need to get a larger computer monitor.

Screenshot attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out. But now I have a question for you:

How did you manage to get the same DataSeries twice into the same chart?

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

After you add the first instrument in the Data Series menu, please click once in the Instrument field. Subsequently hit Enter on your keyboard. This will add a 2nd instance of the same data series.

Let me know if this will not work for you.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not yet. What do you mean by "instrument field"?

sandman

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
                    Not yet. What do you mean by "instrument field"?

sandman
                    thanks Paul

Comment

Hi sandman,

First I enter the first symbol and let the chart be created.

Then I right click on the chart and choose 'Data Series...'

I then go into the 'Instrument' text box and type the same symbol that I originally used and press Enter.

After that I change the value of the chart time-frame to be the same as the first instance of the symbol (ex: '2' for 2 minute chart).

Screenshot attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I can't seem to find exactly where and how to add indicators to each panel. I'm currently trying to add an, EMA & OHL but it only populates on one panel. The same instrument is set on 3 panels, each having a different time frame (2 min,5min ,20min).

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello mrsanzhez86,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. To clarify, chart panels will list from the top down, usually starting with the chart data / data series. When adding indicators, each will list a Panel Setting. 1 could list along with chart data, while 2 would list directly below.

See below for more on working with panels.
                          Get started with NinjaTrader software & Chart Objects for FREE: http://ninjatrader.com/GetStartedThis video covers NinjaTrader 8's chart panel behavior and v...

Let me know if I may assist further.
                          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you so much this helped a lot. Is there any way to have the current order/atm display on all the panels as well? Or add the active trader to each panel to allow different entries on the different time frames?

Comment

Hello mrsanchez86,

Only a single Chart Trader panel may be added per chart window. Below is a link with more information:

You can display different ATM entries in separate windows by using the ATM strategy selection mode 'Display selected ATM strategy only':

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                              Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes