NT 8 does not support trading forex for Interactive Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 does not support trading forex for Interactive Brokers

NT8 displays tenth pip and has no option to change.

When placing orders on chart trader for example, NT 8 will send buy order for EURUSD $1.19167.

IB will reject order with message
    "price does not conform to the minimum price variation for this contract forex"

In my case, that error message is in relation to IB not wanting you to place an order above or below their minimum or maximum entry price limit "in order to contribute to an orderly market". Their words not mine.
    If you're using trader's work station as your API interface, you can go into TWS directly to place the order and an override message box from IB will pop up asking if you want to over-ride the minimum/maximum price contingency. Just click yes and it will allow your order to be placed. This may not be the case with you but it's worth a try. In my case, I have to ask the NT programmers why I have to manually do all that thru TWS when NT should be able to pass those messages and my responses seamlessly???

Comment

Have you used chart trader? Just click sell limit for EURUSD at price > 1.2 for example. NT 8 will use a limit price like 1.20386. This will trigger IB error message

"price does not conform to the minimum price variation for this contract forex"

Comment

Hello androiduser14916,

My apologies for the delayed post, and thanks for writing into the Support Forum!

By default, Trader Workstation does not allow orders at 1/10 pip prices. This setting can be adjusted within Trader Workstation
        File > Global Configuration
        Display > Ticker Row
        Enable 'Allow Forex trading in 1/10 pips'
        OK

If you are still unable to find/change the setting, you may contact IB support for further help on this.

Bortz, in response to your question, given the way IB allows us to access their systems, we aren't able to directly pass our messages without first going through an intermediary (TWS or the IB gateway) which have their own settings and parameters that need to be followed.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, don't hesitate to ask.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well gee Marco, it would have been nice to know that when I was using NT8 thru TDA just fine, then I shell out $1500 for your program which doesn't work half as well thru IB due to the redundancies where I have to use TWS to do what needs to be done. Not that I'm feeling ripped off or anything. How about a partial refund? POS buggy crap.

Comment

Hello Bortz, thank you for posting back up.

The order rejection is sent from Trader Workstation and not NinjaTrader. To avoid this type of order rejection, you would just have to change the PIP settings in Trader Workstation. With this setting, you still have the ability of view each currency's PIP as you would normally, however, a fraction will be available to the right of the PIP value.

If you're experiencing any other difficulties with NinjaTrader and IB's Trader Workstation, I would be more than happy to assist you to see if there are any changes that can be made to make your experience with NinjaTrader 8 better.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. That fixed my ATM issues where a market order would enter fine but the Limit and Stop orders were rejected.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes