Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ver.8080 Market analyzer total row not showing total P+L after a trade is closed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ver.8080 Market analyzer total row not showing total P+L after a trade is closed out

I've got market analyzer (MA) configured for Interactive brokers. The MA total row shows P&L amounts fine while connected to my data feed and IB TWS while the trade is in progress. When you close your live trade position, the total P&L $ amount suddenly reverts back to zero, instead of retaining your $ won or lost on that trade. I recall with sim trading the P&L column would show until you disconnected and this was using TDA as the sim data feed. Is it normal to not show any totals in the MA after a trade is completed in live trading? If I recall correctly, in sim trading, the realized profit would show up in the same row as the ticker, as long as you were connected. In live trading, the realized profit reverts back to zero as well.
    Last edited by bortz; 08-29-2017, 11:42 AM.

Hello bortz,

Thanks for your post.

Your description sounds like you are using the "Unrealized Profit loss" column instead of the "Realized profit loss" column? You do have the option to show both columns. A third option is to use the column "profit loss", this will show both realized and unrealized PnL.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

None of the P/L columns show any values other than zero after the trade is over with.

Comment

Hello bortz,

Thanks for your reply.

Please post screenshots of the column settings you are using for each of the columns. If you would prefer you are welcome to send those into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com. If you send them in, please mark the e-mail subject as Atten:Paul and also include a link to this thread in the e-mail.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses