vertical line to cross all panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vertical line to cross all panels

It doesn't look like NT 8 managed to get this together, but maybe I'm missing something. I'd really like to be able to create a vertical line that will cut through not only the price, but all the indicators in the subgraphs below the price as well. In other words, a vertical line that goes all the way down through all the "panels" as they're called in NT. Is that possible in NT 8?
    Thanks,
    Tasuki

Hello Tasuki,

Thanks for your post.

Correct, lines cannot extend vertically to other panels in the same chart window.

Please let me know if you would like to request this capability. If already requested we would add your vote to the request. In either case, we would provide the feature request number back to you.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Paul. yes PLEASE make this request! I can't believe it isn't already a standard feature!
      Tasuki

Comment

Hello Tasuki,

Thanks for your reply.

I will update this thread when I have the feature request number to provide.

Thanks for your suggestion for improving NinjaTrader8.

Comment

Vertical lines set to All Charts can extend to other lower panels....

Vertical lines set to All Charts can extend to other lower panels if the panel also includes the same instrument as the top chart in the window....sometimes I will put a transparent line of the close in a panel with the same instrument as the top panel to accomplish this....there can be advantages to this...if you want to adjust a vertical line in a lower panel the adjustment will then show up in each chart with the vertical line...

Last edited by Alfred; 08-28-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Hello Tasuki,

The feature request already exists so your vote has been added to the request identified as SFT-654, "Extend Vertical Line drawing objects to cover all chart panels"

Thank-you for your interest to improve NinjaTrader8.

Forum member Alfred has offered a workaround of adding a hidden data series to the same panel as the indicator(s) so that when the vertical line property is set to "Attach to all charts" (of the same instrument) you would see the vertical line in any panel that has the data series added to it. By setting the added data series to a chart style of "line on close" it makes it easier to change the single plot color to transparent which has the effect of not changing the indicator panel scaling. This is certainly a way to accomplish the goal of extending a vertical line today that I had not considered and would, of course, use more resources.

Comment

In case someone stumbles in here again, there is an indicator with the abovementioned functionality.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Balage0922  
              Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes