buy/sell at same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy/sell at same time?

Can you enter a bracket order to buy and sell at the same time? Say price is 100, can I put in an order to buy at 95 and at the same time an order to sell at 105? Thanks in advance

Hello,

One of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to submit two entry orders, one which will cancel if the other is filled.
    You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by following the steps below.
    • Right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader and select the menu 'OCO Order' to enable this function.
    • For your first order, select the desired option from the 'ATM Strategy' drop down list.
    • Submit your stop order to buy above the market.
    • For your second order, select the desired option from the 'ATM Strategy' drop down list.
    • Submit your stop order to sell below the market.
    • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader and select the menu 'OCO Order' to disable this function.
    For a market fade approach just substitute limit orders with stop orders. This entry technique is demonstrated in our free ATM 201 training class that we hold weekly.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm not sure this works as I expect. I don't want OCO order I want both resting orders so that when one executes the other is still submitted and resting. I know my buy level and sell level in advance and want to enter both orders at the same time. When one of the orders executes I don't want the other order canceled.

Comment

If you do not want the other order to cancel you can ignore the steps to enable OCO and simply submit the two orders such as Buy Stop, Buy Limit, Sell Limit, etc.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry to waste your time. I tried that earlier and it didn't work I got an error message. It is working now. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB