Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scripts take long time to compile

Hi

Compilation until yesterday on the same machine took around 3sec today i am almost 10. What might be the reason?

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170822.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Still working fine for me. Maybe the problem is local.

Comment

looks like the problem came from some code i added recently on an AddOn OnStateChange for OnTerminated. So bottom line if you want to init or relase external resources thats not the place to do it as it gets called on every compilation. As an alternavie I use the OnWindowDestroyed,OnWindowCreated for ControlCenter window

Comment

Hello tolisss,

Thank you for your response.

Are you running the indicators or strategies that you are compiling? Are you reloading NinjaScript on the chart as well?

The State OnTerminated should only be ran for the instance that is actually running. I recommend taking a look at the Lifecycle of NinjaScript objects page in our Help Guide: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...fecycle_of.htm

I would also make mention that each instance of the object that you compile and then reload is still held in memory and will not be released by .NET's garbage collection until you shut down NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
          0 responses
          1 view