Collapse

Anyone tried use AWS/EC3 in Ninjatrader Backtesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been using a t2.medium and it works ok, but it does lag sometimes just from the remote connection standpoint. Seems to do ok with automation, but have done limited automation with it. It's a little pricy at $40.00/month considering my local computer is 20x better on specs. I am currently trying to figure out how to reduce the cost and the amount of demand time as I have been running it 24/7. Main reason I am trying to go the AWS or other cloud route is network reliability and it seems best to have the main instance of Ninja in one place that can be access anywhere. I have so many different machines from Home, Work, and on the go, that it seems like a pain to keep them all in sync with each other. Many 3rd party indicators and strategies only allow two machines, so it makes sense to have the main one in the cloud with backup instances other places. If anyone else has any ideas, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by suroot View Post
      Hi,

Some of my backtests take a loooong time to complete, quite CPU & memory hungry. Does anyone know, if Ninjatrader backtesting can be used with "renting CPU time", like Amazon AWS / EC2?

br,
      Christian
      I've done it with AWS EC2, but it cost like $500/mo for a decent VPS to run backtesting because backtesting runs much faster with more RAM and CPU. I ended up switching from AWS EC2 over to NinjaMobileTrader VPS because they offer dedicated servers with 32gb RAM and 16 vcpu for less than half the price of AWS, and it's also dedicated so no impact from others sharing it like on AWS. With 32gb RAM and 16 vcpu, my strategy optimizations finish really quickly, well worth it for my productivity

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post lightsun47  
      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post 00nevest