Collapse

What data feed vendor do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been evaluating NT as a new platform from which to do all my trading. Previously on TOS and Tradestation and traded futures on Sierra. In terms of Kinetick data, IQFeed is widely acknowledged as a very high quality data provider but as the previous poster mentioned, IQFeed allows you to receive options data on equities and not just Futures options. IQFeed also feeds to platforms that have actual options functionality which NT doesn't seem to have.

My specific question is why there is no OPRA or equity options data capability from Kinetick if it is indeed essentially the same data feed as IQFeed?

Also, is there a "CME Bundle" that other data providers and the CME provide?

Thank you.
    Last edited by grayfrog; 05-08-2020, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Hi grayfrog,
      Both, IQ and Kinetick offer the CME Globex Data Package to Non-Professionals at a very reduced price.

NT-Roland

Comment

What about equity options?

Comment

Hello,

Kinetick supports options on futures and options on stocks. The subscription options are not currently available on the Kinetick subscription page. They can be added to an account by emailing Kinetick at [email protected]
          Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
            Hello,

Kinetick supports options on futures and options on stocks. The subscription options are not currently available on the Kinetick subscription page. They can be added to an account by emailing Kinetick at [email protected]
            Thank you. Very good to know.

Out of curiosity. Why are they not listed on the Kinetick subscription page? Maybe this question has quite a complicated answer but I would suspect there are quite a few people, if not many, who would like to add options quotes to their data subscription. I would even go so far as to say that there are probably more than just a few who have decided not to use Kinetick simply because of this lack of visible options data subscription and I say this because I was very seriously considering opting against Kinetick till reading this.

On that note, how much is the options data?

Thank you again.

Comment

Hello,

The subscription page has not yet been updated since Kinetick started supporting options. For a price quote you can email [email protected] with the instruments you are wanting to receive data for.

Comment

Thank you for the follow-up regarding options data with Kinetick.

Since I think if you are offering this service it should be out in the open and for the purposes of this discussion thread/forum, here is what I received from Kinetick support regarding options data with Kinetic:

"You would need to add the following services to your Kinetick subscription for access to equity options data:
                • Options Surcharge — $50
                • OPRA — $7"

Knowing this, my question rounding back to the original posters question is this. Now that NT offers options tables, what data vendor are people using for options specifically. The OPRA fee of $7 is the standard exchange fee but the $50 "options surcharge" suggests that Kinetick isn't designed to receive stock options data (at least not yet).

So far, I have asked Kinetick support why the "options surcharge" is so skewed in pricing compared to their other data offerings compared to other high quality data vendors and support has avoided the question and attempted to teach me how exchanges work.

The question is, what data vendor are people using for US stock options?

Comment

Hello,

Interactive Brokers, IQFeed, and Kinetick are supported for options on stocks.

Comment

Thank you for such a quick reply. Must admit that the NT ecosystem is very very quick to respond to questions which is greatly appreciated.

In terms of data, on the "The Choice is Yours" page under data vendors, Kinetick is highlighted and everything else is grayed out. Is that marketing for Kinetick or are the others grayed out for a reason? Just want to verify that these are all data vendors that may be used with NT.

Comment

Hello,

Kinetick’s market data is a product of, and provided by DTN, LLC. Kinetick is a brand owned and operated by NinjaTrader, LLC.

Comment

Back to the original question. Thank you for the info on options.

With regard to data vendors that are supported by NT, can you discuss the differences of the major data feeds?

Assuming all the data feeds are high quality tick data, why would one choose CQG vs Rithmic vs IQ vs Kinetic?

Comment

Hello,

Information on supported connections can be found at the link below.

CQG and Rithmic based connections are only available with an account with a supported brokerage

Comment

I have an issue with latency/lag when using Continuum data feeds due to the use of satellite internet. Unfortunately I have no other internet options available in my secluded area. Would the data feeds from CQG, Rithmic, IQ or Kinetic help with latency/lag or is a wired internet really the only solution? Thanks.

Comment

Hello Dennis W,

Latency issues would likely occur with any data provider when using a satellite internet connection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Jonker
                              by Jonker

Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM