Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

On Chart display with editing ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Chart display with editing ability

Below is an image of a chart with something I would like to do, but don't know where to start.

I have an indicator that identifies a number of factors that are related to the quality of a potential trade. For each potential trade, I plan to list the factor "icons" as shown on the right side of the chart as shown below

There are also some trade criteria that are move difficult to program, but I would also like to show them on the trade icon panel.

The best way for me to do that would be to click on an icon and have it open a dropdown where I could pick from a list of enums related to that trade criteria. An example would be Price Action. I would have a button labeled "PA" that I would like to be able to click on and select from 1 to 3 for a "PA" score

The current criteria for each trade are stored in a list of potential trades. I would use the data input to update the criteria factor for that trade. The that result would be show in the icon.. as red, yellow or green for example.

I will use the accumulation of the factors to decide if I should enter a trade.

I know I could create a button that opens a data window, but that is one extra step I'd like to avoid.

I guess I could also turn each icon into a button I could click and make the change there but that seems like a lot of on-the-fly button creation.

I could create 1 button for each trade so that when I clicked that button, it would take me directly to that trades data.

I don't know if any of these are good or bad ideas.

Like in the image, each potential trade would have a row of icons lined up on the right side at the level of the potential trade entry, so I don't want a single table with all the data. It's much easier to understand when its "Attached" to the potential trade.

I'm wondering if anyone has an elegantly simple idea how I might implement such a thing.

I have mediocre C# abilities, so would appreciate any advice/suggestions/direction to head off into.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	26
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1299774

Hello cre8able,

This would be very advanced to create.

Rending rectangles and checking mouse clicks is possible and I can provide an example for that.

RectToMouseXYTest_NT8.zip

However making the menus I wouldn't not have any insight for.

This thread will remain open for any community members that have insight to share.
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bc24fl, 08-30-2019, 01:58 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by sugalt, Today, 04:02 AM
    0 responses