Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Logs to show what is missing and makes export as compiling to fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logs to show what is missing and makes export as compiling to fail

Hello,

I have a fairly complex indicator that it's not using anything external indicators or imports and it's all systemic and references that are coming with NT8. I still can't successfully export it as compiled. Are there any logs that show what failed during compilation so I can check what's going on? Like a debug mode that will tell me what it can't resolve to I can add it to the Export process? I can't figure it out and every retry takes 4-5 minutes until fails so it's not that I can test things fast and figure it out.

Thank you.

Hello pkefal,

Thank you for your post.

Typically if there is an error exporting the compiled assembly, you should see an error in the Log tab of the Control Center that may hint as to what might need to be added to the export.

Are there any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, please send a screenshot.
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, no errors there. It just says when the export is failing to make sure that all references where included. I just need to know which one is the one that it couldn't find and figure it out.

Comment

And I mean it says that from the Export.. window, not in an error message in the Log Tab.

Comment

Hello pkefal,

This error message means that you are not including all the required items being used in the script you are trying to export.

Do you use any indicators / other scripts within your own indicator script? If so, what are they?

Comment

Hello Gaby,

I'm aware what the message is and the systemic ones that I'm using are added. I only use VOL() , ChartControl and Window in some places. I included VOL() as part of the export. I shouldn't have to include System.Drawing or NinjaTrader.Gui, should I?

Comment

I even tried with these references included, but still the same.

Comment

Hello pkefal,

Thank you for your response.

I don't believe those references would be necessary for Chart Control.

Unfortunately, the best way to figure out which reference needs to be added would be to comment out code and do exports to test for when it starts working, then uncomment the code to find what's related to the issue.

If you can confirm which part of the code is related to the export error and need assistance figuring out next steps, please let me know.

Comment

Oh good lord.. that's not exactly the easiest thing to do with all the code.. there is seriously no logs on the compilation to figure out what is causing it?

Comment

I literally just selected ALL the System Indicators and it exported, so it's definitely something with the volume related ones and I have to figure out which one, but at least i have a clue and a way to export it now.

Comment

Hello pkefal,

If you're not seeing any messages in the Log tab of the Control Center, unfortunately this would be the only way to figure out which part of the code is causing the error.

Comment

pkefal You could try looking in the trace file. I have found export errors there in previous versions.

Thanks.
                        Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                        jeronymite
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Graci117, Today, 09:02 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred