Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rob Booker Intraday Pivots - Request for guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob Booker Intraday Pivots - Request for guidance

Hello,

I am currently converting the the C Trader version of the Rob Booker Intraday pivots into a usable Ninja Trader 8 indicator.

For reference, the C Trader version can be found here: https://ctrader.com/algos/indicators/show/2828

And as for my progress on the Ninja Trader 8 indicator, I have gotten this far: https://file.io/Tbda2B7Sw4if

There are no errors when I compile the code, but the indicator is not showing anything on the chart for some reason.

I know I must be missing something very obvious but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AaronKTradingForum; 04-02-2024, 12:38 PM. Reason: Added actual file so that you don't need to go to the link

Key point: I tried to use some of the same techniques used by the default Pivots.cs indicator in Ninjatrader 8, but to no avail...

Comment

Hello AaronKTradingForum,

You will need to add prints for debugging to understand the behavior.

Print the BarsInProgress (since you are adding multiple series), print the time of the bar, and print the values you are supplying to the Draw.Line() call.

Also, check the Drawing Objects window to see if any objects are being drawn.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post

You will need to add prints for debugging to understand the behavior.

Print the BarsInProgress (since you are adding multiple series), print the time of the bar, and print the values you are supplying to the Draw.Line() call.

Also, check the Drawing Objects window to see if any objects are being drawn.
        Thanks. Just out of curiosity, did anything stick out in the code that did not seem logical? I'm a bit baffled

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't really understand how this script works.

It has 4 data series being processed, with no checks for BarsInProgress, so not really predictable on what it should be doing.

Drawing objects are only attached to the primary chart bars BarsInProgress 0. Calling draw methods during other BarsInProgress don't really make sense to me.
          Also there is code looking for an existing object that seems complex and I'm not quite sure what is being accomplished by this either.

But if you print out information from the conditions and values that lead to drawing the object, I could tell you why or why not the condition evaluated as true.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Taddypole, 04-26-2024, 02:47 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post eDanny
          by eDanny

Started by kujista, 04-23-2024, 06:23 AM
          6 responses