Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Impossible to export a custom indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impossible to export a custom indicator

Hello!
    I am faling to export a custom indicator. I have been using this indicator over the two last years. On my screen, I have two windows: one with the chart on which I have the indicator ploted and another window with the chart on which I haven't this indicator.

The indicator works properly on the chart when the window is not active. But when I flip from thr active window on which the chart does not have the indicator attached to the window on which the chart has the indictor attached (the inactive window), at the close of the Bar[0], the indicator stops to be ploted on the chart and all subsequent bars do not have the indicator. Even when I flip back to the window on which the chart does not have this indicator ploted and I flip back to the window on which the chart has the indicator ploted, the indicator has already stopped to works.

I have even tried to EXPORT the indicator and I have failed, receiving the following error message:
    Code:
    Assembly could not be exported. Please ensure all required components are included
    I would appreciate if someone could point out what is going wrong here.

Many thanks in advance!

Hello Stanfillirenfro,

The export error means that some part of the indicator was not able to be included, that could be if you are referencing other indicators or custom classes. Without specific detail on what code was used it would be hard to say what is causing the export to fail. You can comment out your indicators code leaving just the base indicator class and default properties to get a better idea of what part of the code is having a problem exporting. You would comment the code, test that it can export, then uncomment parts of the code and repeat exporting until it fails. At that point you would know what code is required to see the problem.

Regarding the other problem of active/inactive charts that would also require debugging to find why that is happening. If when the window is active the indicator stops working you would likely need to use prints in the code to see why that is happening.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post lightsun47  
    Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
    1 response
    0 likes