Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

indicator to plot Lower and Higher timeframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicator to plot Lower and Higher timeframe

Hi - I am trying to write an indicator to show support and resistance for multiple timeframes on current chart. I am looking to plot 5min, 15min, 1hr support and resistance irrespective of the chart timeframe (e.g. on 1min chart, I will still want to see 5min, 15min and 1hr SR lines). I found code elsewhere in this forum that shows how can I pad values for 15min (higher TF) to show on 5min (lower TF) timeframe, but I am not sure how can I show 5min (lower TF) values on 15min (higher TF) timeframe or 5min and 15min values on 1hr timeframe?

I am using standard AddDataSeries and AddPlot to do this.

Any pointers on how to show lower timeframe data on higher timeframe will be super helpful.

Hello jpkulkarni,

Thank you for your post.

Have you tested out adding the plots on lower timeframes? If so, were the values/results as expected or different? I suggest testing it out first to get a baseline of the behavior from your script and to see if it is acting how you'd like it to or not. If not, please provide an example of the desired behavior or desired values for the plot vs. what you are actually seeing on your chart when the indicator is applied. Then, we can guide you through the debugging process to help you correct the indicator to get the desired behavior.

The following thread discusses ways to plot on a higher timeframe; I understand you have found code elsewhere on the forum though I would like to share this link in case it is also helpful to you:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post pibrew
    by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
    1 response